Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Airbus X minor video glitches - recommendations welcome

BarnStormer

Recently picked up Airbus X and FSX (SP2). First off, great simulator, as I have been in an A320 simulator and managed to get a couple hours of flight time. Running the Aivla flight bag, which overcomes the MCDU issue of not having arrival and departure runways. Kudos the the Aerosoft team for your work on the A320!

I have noticed that I am getting a bit of choppiness in the graphics and response time for the controls, particularly on the approach (flying KSJC to KSFO right now). Wondering if I could solicit some recommendations from the forum to improve performance.

System specs:

Dell GX280

CPU 2.8 GHz (Have a 3.8 GHz CPU on order)

4GB RAM (maxed out)

80GB HD and 320 GB ATA

ATI Raedeon HD 4350 512MB (Experimenting with HDMI and DVI outputs)

Vista 32 (fully patched - thinking about moving to Windows 7)

FSX settings

22 FPS (tried to run as low as 15 and as high as 37 FPS)

Switching between Bilinear and anisotropic

Airplane - medium high detail

Ground - Medium detail

Traffic - Minimum

Weather - Minimum

Resolution - switching between 1420x900 and 1650x1000, 32 bit

Ground - Medium resolution

I am hoping the CPU change will boost performance.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hello Barnstormer,

Vista is not the best OS to be running FSX on, as for frame rates these are best to be left Unlimited also in FSX as theres some glitch or another and this helps overcome this issue.

A faster CPU and a graphics card with loads of ram sure does help.

Many thanks, Shaun.

I will switch over to Windows 7 today. I noticed that there appears to be an issue with SP1 so I will read up on the issue before I apply the service pack.

Should have the 3.8 GHz CPU next week. If the choppiness persists, I will get a new video card.

Cheers,

Toby

Just switched to Windows 7, procured a 500W power supply and installed an EVEA GeForce GT240 [1GB]. Graphics on full screen replays (1620 x 1024), unlimited FPS, medium high aircraft, medium ground and anisotropic mode runs smoothly.

Can't wait to get my 3.8 GHz CPU so that I can increase some of the graphics resolution.

Thanks again for your help, Shaun.