AS-FSC does see MyTraffic 2010

bobthepilot

MyTraffic 2010 traffic is not seen in AS-FSC9 and AS-FSC9 goes to Lat/Long 0 when commanded to connect with FSX.

AS-FSC9 works with UT2 and without any AI traffic. Only with MyTraffic 2010 is it not able to read GPS data.

STB 2.3 sees the all traffic.

Everything was installed AS ADMINISTRATOR.

I have already had discussions with Volker about FSC9.

Can I get some help?

Thanks.

Bob

My Current Configuration:

Browser: Firefox 3.6 and IE 8

Processors: 6 @ 3.2

DRAM: 8

Simulator: FSX with Acceleration Pack

FSUIPC: 4.60a

MyTraffic 2010

AS-FSC 9

Aircraft: C

Everything is running on one computer.

Bob

Current Configuration:

Browser: Firefox 3.6 and IE 8

Processors: 6 @ 3.2

DRAM: 8

Simulator: FSX with Acceleration Pack

FSUIPC: 4.60a

Aircraft: C-172

I had this in a previous version. What has happened here is that you have installed a scenery/airport which has a double entry within it. Whether it be the Airport or a VOR etcetera doesn't matter. You have to backtrack and eliminate the error. You will then be back to normal. The clue if I recall is, if you are trying to go to say EGNM and it puts you in your situation, then that is the error folder/scenery.

Thanks for replying.

Volker said that it was not a problem with AS-FSC and explained the working of FSUIPC.

As I wrote in my first post I only have the problem when I install MYTRAFFIC. AS-FSC is able to find the GPS data with UT2 but not MYTRAFFIC.

AS-FSC works fine without MYTRAFFIC. As soon as I add MYTRAFFIC AS-FSC cannot find the GPS data.

Thanks for any help.

I read James A. post but when I uninstall everything and then only add AS-FSC and MYTRAFFIC I have the problem.

Hello Bob,

What did Volker say about it as he is the developer of FSC.

when I uninstall everything and then only add AS-FSC and MYTRAFFIC I have the problem.

I will take it that when you installed FSC you ran the database manager to build the scenery database. Then if you run FSC you have no issues. Then when you run/use Mytraffic this is where you have the problem? If so, then the issue I described above is what you are having, something within Mytraffic is conflicting with FSC and not the other way around. You will have to delve into Mytraffic to find the glitch. Maywell be a double entry for an airfield. Mine was Biggin Hill had the airport twice. Deleted one and got back to normal.

Don't use Mytraffic so can't assist you much more.

Hey James,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and help out.

How did you go about checking your airports? MYT generates over 8000 in its database. How does one find a duplicate?

I do not know how a duplicate could be generated if I install FSX, then MYT, and then FSC without adding anything else.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Bob

Hey James,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and help out.

No problem.

How did you go about checking your airports? MYT generates over 8000 in its database. How does one find a duplicate?

Mine was fairly easy as it was the last airport scenery I added to FSX prior to running the dbase manager. When it placed me in the same situation I looked at the file and it had the airport name in twice. FSC obviously couldn't cope so whacks your aircraft at 0/0. Edit the file removing the duplicate and re run the dbase manager.

I do not know how a duplicate could be generated if I install FSX, then MYT, and then FSC without adding anything else.

You already have FSX installed so then try adding FSC, run the dbase manager and if that's OK then install MYT. If you then get the error, then the error is held within MYT. Get the dev's for MYT to check the issue their end. As far as I can tell it's not FSC that's the issue.

Here's the latest.

If I use the .bat file "remove_MyTraffic" and rebuild FSC database FSC works fine and connects with FSX.

If I use the .bat file "rebuild_MyTraffic" and rebuild FSC database FSC does not connect with FSX and gives the same error message.

Any ideas?

I prefer MYT over UT and would like to us MYT with FSC.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hello Bob,

What did Volker say about it as he is the developer of FSC.

Have you tried putting your issue to the Dev's of MyT? It would appear to me that that is your issue and not FSC. Just a suggestion as to which route to go as I don't use MyT and my previous posts were what I found when I had a similar issue. Sorry if I can't help any further.

Thanks for replying.

Volker said that it was not a problem with AS-FSC and explained the working of FSUIPC.

As I wrote in my first post I only have the problem when I install MYTRAFFIC. AS-FSC is able to find the GPS data with UT2 but not MYTRAFFIC.

AS-FSC works fine without MYTRAFFIC. As soon as I add MYTRAFFIC AS-FSC cannot find the GPS data.

Thanks for any help.

I read James A. post but when I uninstall everything and then only add AS-FSC and MYTRAFFIC I have the problem.

Here is more of what I have learned. Perhaps it will provide a clue.

When I UNCHECK MyTraffic in SCENERY SETTINGS, FSC works. If I CHECK MyTraffic, FSC does not work.

When I run UIPCHELLO when MyTraffic is CHECK the FS Clock is 00:00:00. When I run UIPCHELLO when MyTraffic is UNCHECKED FS Clock shows time.

If I decide not to run FSC on the same computer:

When I UNCHECK MyTraffic my WideClient connects with FSX on the SERVER computer. When I CHECK MyTraffic my WideClient cannot connect.

Hopefully, this will spark an idea!

Thanks for any help.