AES does not show

fleng200

I had to reïnstall FS9 totally. After installing several airports, I also installed the new AES 2.08.

However, after activating the airports, AES does not show up when I push CTRL-Shift-W.

I changed Vista Mare key assignment and also a FS9 assignment to switch views which also used this key combination.

So everything should work as advertised, but it doesn't.

I can set aircraft parameters and also the configuration menu show "local" in green, so AES is connected.

Any suggestions?

A little addition.

I just flew a small roundtrip, after parking at a gate, I got all the AES carts and engineer at the aircraft. So that is working.

The gate did not connect, because I did not enter the correct position in AES I presume.

So the question is how to open the AES window.

Autogen is set at sparse.

• Verified Developer

To which key did you change the Keycombi in the Vistamare Menu? Maybe you can try to set this to F11, then the window should open with F11 instead of CTRL-SHIFT-W

I had changed the VistaMare menu to ctrl-V, but ctrl-shift-W did not bring up the AES window.

So I used your suggestion to change it to F11.

Now something very curious happens: if I push F11 the AES window opens! From there I can use it normally, but the ctrl-shift-W combination still doesn't work and has somehow changed to the F11 button.

Strange! (and how in the world do I get into the VistaMare Menu, not that I ever needed it, but still...)

• Verified Developer

He, maybe you read the Documentation next time first!

The stetting of the Keycombi in the Vistamare Menu IS the setting for the Combination you can open the AES Window.

So, when you change this setting to Ctrl+V, the AES Window opens with CTRL+V and not anymore with the default combi CTRL+SHIFT+W.

Oops, sorry Oliver.

I just thought to remember from the earlier versions that I had to change de default VistaMare key for something different than Crtl-Shift-W to get the AES menu starting (I did read the manual that time, but that was a long time ago <_< ). I guess I remembered wrong.

So I switched it back to the default and it is working perfectly.

So again sorry for the trouble, but many thanks for your assistance. :hi_s: