Entering Waypoints into MCDU

Chris_327

Hi,

I recently reinstalled fsx onto its own separate hard drive after I ran out of space on my old one. Since the re-install I've noticed an issue with entering waypoints in the MCDU.

Usually, I load a flight path that I've edited through the fsx flight planner and this is fine. However, I've noticed that when I try to edit this from the MCDU myself, for example to add an extra waypoint I run into a bizarre problem. What basically happens is that if the waypoint I am entering has duplicates, no matter which I choose, the MCDU enters a different waypoint.

To make this a bit clearer, I set up a quick flight plan from EGGP-LPPT, as this is where I first noticed it. I want to fly via the LAR vor which as can be seen in the first screen, is 897nm away. However, when I select this, it doesn't work; instead choosing a waypoint 2900 odd miles away!

Can anyone make heads or tails of this, because I'm really confused!

Cheers

Chris

post-30393-002176900 1288181658_thumb.pn

post-30393-061141900 1288181718_thumb.pn

Chris,

Have you checked the dml.xml and fsx.cfg files for correct drive & folder path locations to the new fsx location? You may want to delete the fsx.cfg file and then launch fsx so it can re-build the file.

Bob

Chris,

Have you checked the dml.xml and fsx.cfg files for correct drive & folder path locations to the new fsx location? You may want to delete the fsx.cfg file and then launch fsx so it can re-build the file.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Both the cfg and xml files look ok, and show correct locations to FSX. I recently rebuilt the cfg anyway, so I think that it is fine.

Chris

Hi,

I recently reinstalled fsx onto its own separate hard drive after I ran out of space on my old one. Since the re-install I've noticed an issue with entering waypoints in the MCDU.

Usually, I load a flight path that I've edited through the fsx flight planner and this is fine. However, I've noticed that when I try to edit this from the MCDU myself, for example to add an extra waypoint I run into a bizarre problem. What basically happens is that if the waypoint I am entering has duplicates, no matter which I choose, the MCDU enters a different waypoint.

To make this a bit clearer, I set up a quick flight plan from EGGP-LPPT, as this is where I first noticed it. I want to fly via the LAR vor which as can be seen in the first screen, is 897nm away. However, when I select this, it doesn't work; instead choosing a waypoint 2900 odd miles away!

Can anyone make heads or tails of this, because I'm really confused!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, I reported this behaviour already some weeks ago. It is clearly a problem (bug) between the Navigraphdatabase and the AirbusX. Sofar I did not see a reaction or explanation from Aerosoft.

Dick

• 2 weeks later...

Have this problem too, when trying to select "MR"... I open file "waypoints.txt" in \FSX\Navigraph\Navdata, and find "nickname" of my waypoint here ( MR16 ). When i enter "MR16" everything right. So try to find nickname of your waypoint.

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand me. :)

Hmm, it is very interesting: today i`m fly on the 321, and with him database everything "ok". :unsure:

Updated: I think, i`m have solution. Copy this file into you FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE(and CFM)\Panel\AB_MCDU folders.

Dont forget to backup original file!