Marshaller Position

Hi Oliver

I'm not sure how you work it to have the marshaller stand in the right position and then once the blocks are set, to walk forward and stand beside the aircraft. But I have noticed a couple of odd things...

1. When the marshaller takes up his position besides the DM BAC111 he is actually standing in front of the door and so the airstairs come down and his head is sticking up through it! :blink: Looks a bit strange! LOL

2. On at least one occasion recently, the marshaller was actually giving signals while his body was pressed back into the wall of the building behind him. (I'm sorry, I forget which scenery it was...)

I'm not sure what determines where he stands but might it be possible to use the front door position as a reference so that it would be individually set for each aircraft once it is configured for AES? That way he would always be in the same position, no matter what the aircraft model was. (Ideally, aft of the front pax door so if the aircraft deplanes onto the tarmac he's there to stop the passengers from walking back toward the engines)... ;)

It's just a minor thing. I love AES and you don't have to change a thing for me to keep on loving it. But it is one of those little things that intrude into the realism of it so if you can fix it, that would be great.

Hi Oliver

I'm not sure how you work it to have the marshaller stand in the right position and then once the blocks are set, to walk forward and stand beside the aircraft. But I have noticed a couple of odd things...

1. When the marshaller takes up his position besides the DM BAC111 he is actually standing in front of the door and so the airstairs come down and his head is sticking up through it! :blink: Looks a bit strange! LOL

2. On at least one occasion recently, the marshaller was actually giving signals while his body was pressed back into the wall of the building behind him. (I'm sorry, I forget which scenery it was...)

I'm not sure what determines where he stands but might it be possible to use the front door position as a reference so that it would be individually set for each aircraft once it is configured for AES? That way he would always be in the same position, no matter what the aircraft model was. (Ideally, aft of the front pax door so if the aircraft deplanes onto the tarmac he's there to stop the passengers from walking back toward the engines)... ;)

It's just a minor thing. I love AES and you don't have to change a thing for me to keep on loving it. But it is one of those little things that intrude into the realism of it so if you can fix it, that would be great.

Where he stands by the aircraft is based on the nose gear position. Just move the green box forward a little bit.

On the other hand that will mean the pushback truck won't allign properly.

Just a suggested approach. I don't know enough about the internal logic of AES to really know what would work. (actually, I don't know anything about how it works!) ^_^

It would be nice if there was an easy solution that Oliver could apply but if not, no big deal