Using Multiple Monitors

Thunderbolt44

I just purchased the Airbus X v1.2. I have a number of problems to figure out - which is half the fun with these simulations. My first problem to solve though is that I need to be able to see what is going on. I fly with three monitors. I'm used to the VC cockpit in front of me and other key panels, like the pedestal, FCU and MCDU on the other monitors. I have always been able to go to the instruments panel drop down menu, undock the views I want and move them. If I do that here, I leave a blank screen on my main monitor. After looking at another forum topic, I used the New View drop down, undocked them, and moved them to the other panels. I was about to declare victory, and then discovered my primary panel with the VC cockpit would not "Virtual" any longer; it was locked tight. Instead, my MCDU was now my VC and would rotate around with my joystick hat button. So, is it possible to set this up so I have the main virtual cockpit on the primary monitor, and other panels on the other monitors. Any advice is appreciated.

I really feel like an idiot now, that I didn't think to try that. It did the trick though. A simple "Click". Unfortunately, the weather is beautiful out, and I have no excuse to not work outside. I like this aircraft, but am disappointed that the FMS is not complete. I'm having problems with setting up the arrival and especially transition part of the approach.. Now that I can keep an eye on things better, my next step is to try and figure my Arrivals out a little more. I wish they had just charged more and made the FMS fully functional. Your help really appreciated.

I all ready do that. That is not the problem. The problem is the inability to display separate panels on other monitors. After I thought I had this problem solved, I discovered that although I had been able to move the MCDU to another monitor, retaining the VC cockpit on the main monitor, that the MCDU is then inoperable. It will not display or accept any input. You just get what ever you moved. This MCDU appears to not display any approach, transition or Star/Sid. As far as I can see, the only way you set the approach in is to enter the frequency of the desired approach. Nothing is displayed in the route or legs window of the MCDU. Then, even if it would, you have to cycle thru views at a critical time of the flight. To make it worse, if you hit pause, you cannot input any changes. I'm open to any suggestions; however, I must say I am disappointed in the whole FMS system. I've subscribed to the Newsletter, and hopefully this MCDU will be updated. Also, it seems like the reason given for this lack of detail was to make it more cost effective. The price wasn't that cheap, but we now have a great looking plane, but are so limited in how we fly it.