FSC Message 2 or 14

bobthepilot

Running FSC 8.6

FSX

Windows 7 (64bit)

FSUIPC 4.60a

WideFS

Two computers

When I go to connect to FSX I get "unable to connect to flight simulator msg #2: FS no running or cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient. I get this message if I am not running WideClient on the FSC computer. If I run WideClient I get "Unable to connect to Flight Simulator Msg #14.

I have SHARED all necessary folders on both computers. I MAPPED NETWORK drives for my FSX folder and MyDocuments folder on the FSX computer.

I think I have read all networking documents provided on this forum.

Can you help?

Bob

Running FSC 8.6

FSX

Windows 7 (64bit)

FSUIPC 4.60a

WideFS

Two computers

When I go to connect to FSX I get "unable to connect to flight simulator msg #2: FS no running or cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient. I get this message if I am not running WideClient on the FSC computer. If I run WideClient I get "Unable to connect to Flight Simulator Msg #14.I have SHARED all necessary folders on both computers. I MAPPED NETWORK drives for my FSX folder and MyDocuments folder on the FSX computer.I think I have read all networking documents provided on this forum.

Can you help?

Bob

Hi Bob,

have you read this and... have you done so?

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=78476

Volker

Volker,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed FSC in a directory of its own but still get the same errors.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

By the way, when I try to apply the update (8.6) I am now told that FSC is not on my system.

Bob

Hi Bob,

have you read this and... have you done so?

http://forums.simfli...p?f=155&t=78476

Volker

Volker,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed FSC in a directory of its own but still get the same errors.

Any other ideas? Thanks.By the way, when I try to apply the update (8.6) I am now told that FSC is not on my system.

Bob

Hi Bob,

there are much more information in that threed.

Have you install your FSX, your current, valid FSUIPC, your FSCommander as Administrator?

Regards,

Volker

• 2 weeks later...

Volker,

I have done all that that thread suggested.

I still want to use two computers but I have now installed FSC on my FSX computer and am having the Lat 0 Long 0 problem (a different thread).

FSX and FSC are in a folder that is NOT the PROGRAM directory. I have installed everything as administrator. My FSUIPC is valid and registered.

Thanks for your help. I really want to get back into the action.

Bob

Hi Bob,

there are much more information in that threed.

Have you install your FSX, your current, valid FSUIPC, your FSCommander as Administrator?

Regards,

Volker