Flight Preparation

Guest Dick77

I am still puzzling, what the correct startup sequence is in FSX following the Tutorial? And if this might have some impact on the setup/configuration of the Airbus?

According to 3.1 in the Tutorial I configured the Cessna 172SP in "dark & cold" (see Thumbnail #1). Then load the Airbus, which never appeared in "dark & cold" (see Thumbnail #2) and immediately activating the parking brakes (otherwise the aircraft moves uncontrolled forward).

Not even not after the Airbus was left in "dark & cold", it appears like Thumbnail #2.

However, FSX shows in 'Previous Flight' the "dark & cold" state!

Picture 7 of the Tutorial shows on the Fuel Panel 5 red lighted signs and also Generators 1 and 2 show red lighted signs in the obviously "dark & cold" state.

I see only the (Auxilary Power Unit)green lighted sign (see Thumbnail #3) , if I put the aircraft via the MCDU in the "dark & cold" state (which seems to me normal).

Could someybody at or on behalf of Aerosoft advise me (please more detailled) what the correct startup of FSX in view of the Airbus has to be?

post-10653-076211900 1284723702_thumb.gi

post-10653-077909300 1284723727_thumb.gi

post-10653-046951200 1284723757_thumb.gi

• Upvote 1

If you download my pdf's from this topic

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=38744

(or from your order history state) you will see what the cold and dark cockpit should look like (the pdf which shows all knobs etc. is made with screenshots of the c&d vc). You should indeed only see the EXT PWR avail light (and the bat's readout). (The tutorial has some errors here and here...)

You will ALWAYS have to load the c&d state: you don't have to setup the Cessna in cold and dark... (can't check it right now but I don't think the manual says that). I have the Cessna as my default plane and I switch to the Airbus in the FSX menu (so not after loading the flight). And I always have to load the c&d state then. That's normal.

Thanks Jeroen!

I was already using your checklist, but it does not coincide (nor that one of Aerosoft) with what I see on my monitor.

Step "AIRBUSCONNECT" does not send data to FSX (see picture). I think this is a bug and was already reported.

After you click FLY NOW! You have immediately to activate the Parking Brake otherwise the aircraft will move very quickly away from its parking position.

Now you can load "dark & cold" in the MCDU.

post-10653-001108100 1284730567_thumb.gi

If you download my pdf's from this topic

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=38744

(or from your order history state) you will see what the cold and dark cockpit should look like (the pdf which shows all knobs etc. is made with screenshots of the c&d vc). You should indeed only see the EXT PWR avail light (and the bat's readout). (The tutorial has some errors here and here...)

You will ALWAYS have to load the c&d state: you don't have to setup the Cessna in cold and dark... (can't check it right now but I don't think the manual says that). I have the Cessna as my default plane and I switch to the Airbus in the FSX menu (so not after loading the flight). And I always have to load the c&d state then. That's normal.

Yup, that also works for be. My default flight is based on a cold and dark file that I downloaded from AVSIM a long time ago. It puts me in the 172 at Friday Harbor with batteries and avionics off. I don't have to actually hit "fly now" with the 172 to get cold and dark with all aircraft except the Airbus. Nonetheless, it still loads the Airbus in the correct state to switch to cold and dark. I already have a button programmed for master avionics so I do have to press it after the aircraft is powered up.