No idle during descent

mermoz

I tried to begin my descent at 300 kts and 2000 ft/min but it appears that the autothrottle won't get back to idle: the aircraft can hardly decelerate and if I use the speedbrakes, the autothrottle increases thrust even before reaching the selected speed. It's then very hard to slowdown !! I think there is a problem with autothrottle !!

I tried to begin my descent at 300 kts and 2000 ft/min but it appears that the autothrottle won't get back to idle: the aircraft can hardly decelerate and if I use the speedbrakes, the autothrottle increases thrust even before reaching the selected speed. It's then very hard to slowdown !! I think there is a problem with autothrottle !!

Same here - I did two flights today and on both occasions observed that the MCDU PERF Page switched to the "Descent" but the Airbus did not idle back the engines... as a result, I had several "Overspeeds" despite using the speedbrakes.

Anything I am doing wrong here?

Andreas

PS: Nice plane - I stated elsewhere that I might not buy but then I did and I must say, I am getting to like the bird... will take some time to really get to handle it properly but I cannot say that I did regret my purchase so far or am disappointed with what I got myself (into)...

Same here - I did two flights today and on both occasions observed that the MCDU PERF Page switched to the "Descent" but the Airbus did not idle back the engines... as a result, I had several "Overspeeds" despite using the speedbrakes.

Andreas

PS: Nice plane - I stated elsewhere that I might not buy but then I did and I must say, I am getting to like the bird... will take some time to really get to handle it properly but I cannot say that I did regret my purchase so far or am disappointed with what I got myself (into)...

Do not despair, this beautiful aircraft, with an excellent CV and many details that only the beginning, I believe in Aerosoft and I'm sure she'll hear the opinions and suggestions of its customers. Probably in the next few months to airbusx will be the best aircraft for fsx.cool.gif

Andreas

I have the same problem.

It seems that it's the same problem as during the climb. The N1 doesn't reacht the commanded N1 values. During the initial descent the commanded value would be IDLE but the actual N1 value is above which would cause all those problems you guys mentioned...