Beaver Pilots

nimrod

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Although I have never actually wanted to do it as I actually do look like my passport photograph, I do not think that it should be to difficult.

So if you mean how do you go about it then below is a quick and dirty guide to the files you would have to access and modify, if you mean how do you put your face into the texture file once you have found it, then that would depend an which editing software you are using, as although it should just be a copy and paste modification, the methods for doing it may differ from program to program, so assuming that you mean which files to modify, and where to find them, here we go.

But before going any further, if you are going to try this type of modification, PLEASE backup any files before starting the modifications, and save them to a safe location.

That out of the way, on with the show.

In FS9 you would need to modify the bitmap file named pt_face.bmp, which if located in each variants texture folder using something like the DXTbmp program to open the file, which you would then send to your favourite paint program for editing..

In FSX it get a little bit more complicated, you would first have to open the file named texture.cfg (using notepad or a similar program) which is located in the individual aircraft variants texture folder, in the file you will see the following entries for the pilot type..

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_african-american

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_american

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_canadian

fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_dutch

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_french

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_german

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_greek

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_italian

//fallback.3=..\..\Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels\interiors\pilot_Russian

In this example the pilot type is the Dutch version, so to edit this pilot you need to open the following file.

DHC5_T.dds

You will find this texture file in the following folder..

.../Microsoft Games/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels/interiors/pilot_dutch/

Again you can use the DXTbmp program to open the file for exporting the image to your favourite painting program.

And that should be about it, as I say, I have never tried this, or indeed wanted to (see above), but you should be able to modify the pilots face textures this way.

I hope it is of some help, and good luck with your mod.

Jim Hodkinson

• 2 years later...