Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

After FSX reinstall

Hi Oliver.

I recently had to do a complete FSX reinstall,and by that I mean I had to delete the Microsoft Games folder as there was something wrong with it and the install was not good until I deleted it and started from scratch.Now FSX is running fine.I have reinstalled most of my airports,but I no longer have my AES base pack or credits and the AES help file is of course gone too. If I have to start from the beginning that's fine,but the Microsoft Games folder is now in the recycle bin and this of course contains the old Aerosoft folder,so my question is,is there a way to reinstall this into the new Aerosoft folder that has been created in FSX? I am nervous about trying this without talking to you first.

If there is any doubt about this I will just bite the bullet and spend the money to start over.(It's worth every penny to do it right)

If I elect to start over,do I just buy the AES credits,and will this start things rolling? It is a silly question I know but it has been so long since I first used your product that I can't remember how to start.

Thank you for your help.

Dennis

• Verified Developer

You can move the AES folder back from the Recycle Bin, then download and run the AES 2.05 installer again (only to be save that all is back). So you should have back also the configs you had done, Serials and activations too.

Hi Oliver.

I recently had to do a complete FSX reinstall,and by that I mean I had to delete the Microsoft Games folder as there was something wrong with it and the install was not good until I deleted it and started from scratch.Now FSX is running fine.I have reinstalled most of my airports,but I no longer have my AES base pack or credits and the AES help file is of course gone too. If I have to start from the beginning that's fine,but the Microsoft Games folder is now in the recycle bin and this of course contains the old Aerosoft folder,so my question is,is there a way to reinstall this into the new Aerosoft folder that has been created in FSX? I am nervous about trying this without talking to you first.

If there is any doubt about this I will just bite the bullet and spend the money to start over.(It's worth every penny to do it right)

If I elect to start over,do I just buy the AES credits,and will this start things rolling? It is a silly question I know but it has been so long since I first used your product that I can't remember how to start.

Thank you for your help.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

I might have missunderstood everything but..... if you have unistalled EVERYTHING (FSX + Add-ons) you CAN´T have any files in the Recycle Bin!!!! BUT if you only deleted them, its very easy just to put them back in the old librarys again. Just right click on the Recycle Bin and RESTORE.

Now a totally different thing. IF you only DELETED the librarys including FSX and addons and try to reinstall everything again, you are in for a lot of trouble. You will still have a lot of registry entries for ALL programs and it will be very hard to reinstall FSX again, in fact I do beleive that there are hundreds of simmers out there verifying that FS will NOT reinstall in a proper way.

My suggstion is to RESTORE the AES library and save it on a safe place so you allways will have a copy of that library. UNINSTALL everything regarding FSX with the programs buit in uninstaller, clear ALL traces in the registry and make a CLEAN install of everything and after that, follow the advice from Oliver. You can easily check int Control Panel/Programs and Features and if you still see ANY of your programs/addons listed that normally are connected to FSX, well..........

I had to do a "clean" install of my FSX + addons and it took me over 3 days!!!! Don't forget to start FSX/restart your PC between EVERY reinstallation of FSX-SP1-SP2 (or Acc pack). After installing 3-4 addons, start FSX, restart you PC and after 15-20 addons do a defragmentation.

Hannes

Hi Hannes.

What I did was uninstall FSX and then I deleted the Microsoft Games folder which is now in the bin. After I installed FSX ,I go over to my other hard drive which has Windows XP and also has Ultimate Defrag,so yes after every single step I re boot over to XP and defrag.

After my first re install I still had the same problems so on the next attempt I deleted the MS Games folder and this solved my problems.

I don't know what was in the MS Games folder that was causing me problems but I do not want to reintroduce anything back into FSX that might be susspect.

If this is clear to you and you feel it is safe to try to put just the Aerosoft folder back,I might give it a try,but as you say, it took many hours of work to get back to the point I am at now and it is only money so if I chicken out, do I just buy the AES credit pack to get started again?

Thanks to both Oliver and yourself for helping me.

Dennis

• Verified Developer

You have two options (both without any need to buy AES again):

1.) Just run the AES installer again, your SN's are back and all Airports assign Credits before are in FULL. You then only need to doublecklick all you have, so that there is a FSX infront and no "OFF"

2.) If the AES direcory is still in the bin, just create the Aerosoft folder (if not exisiting yet), then move the complete AES Directorystructure back from the bin.

To be save that really all files are back, run the AES installer once again on top. AESHelp will do the rest then (Scenery Library entry and so on) and you maybe get only a message, when a Addon Airport is not yet installed, but then you can set thisone on FSX later, when you have installed the Addon.

When you are in the Airportlist, please press once the "Repair/Resync" Botton below the list, so that all files need are moved to the sceneries if needed.

Option 2 will bring the SN and Activation back AND the setting and aircraft configs.

OK Hannes

I have dragged the AES folder out to the desktop, Am I correct in these next steps, Go to the FSX folder,go to Aerosoft folder,open that folder,and then just slide the AES folder in? (Aerosoft folder is there as I have been installing most of your airports)

Please forgive me for being such a baby here but this is getting just too exiting for me.

Thanks,

Dennis.

P S. In my downloads folder I have two references to AES. AS Airport-Enhancement, and AES 204 Fix Is the first one the installer? and I can not remember what the other one is. Maybe it is for London City which I have not installed yet. If the first one is the installer, do I run it after putting the AES file back in Aerosoft?