fsx settings for a high end computers?

stevekach

I have heard alot of discussion on fsx settings on lower to mid range computers but what about higher end computers? Is it that we can just move all sliders to the right? or because of the high end componets, will fsx not run as well because of the newer hardware?

specs:

CPU: Intel® CoreT i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10%

HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)HDD2: Single Hard Drive (300GB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM SATA-II 3.0Gb/s

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P6T SE Intel X58 Chipset CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA

MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module

Windows VistaT Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition

NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card

950 Watts Power Supplies

I have heard alot of discussion on fsx settings on lower to mid range computers but what about higher end computers? Is it that we can just move all sliders to the right? or because of the high end componets, will fsx not run as well because of the newer hardware?

specs:

CPU: Intel® CoreT i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10%

HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)HDD2: Single Hard Drive (300GB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM SATA-II 3.0Gb/s

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P6T SE Intel X58 Chipset CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA

MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module

Windows VistaT Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition

NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card

950 Watts Power Supplies

I would recommend that regardless of what hardware you have that anyone tune FSX as described here: http://www.simforums...s.asp?TID=29041

FSX is an antiquated program that is unable to capitilze on newer hardware and technology. More specifically FSX is unable to use shaders in the same fashion that newer PC game is using.

Newer hardware is a bonus and will typically net better results than older hardware.

The variable of what scenery, weather and aircraft complexity one operates is so huge that any broad statements in regards to frame rates or performance in respect to FSX would not be accurate.

What is more important than frame rates is how smooth the simulator operates in actual operation. The tuning recommendations in the link provided are about smoothness.

A broad statement that all sliders to right cannot be made with respect to ones hardware specs too many variables.

There are plenty of tweaks and discussions around respecting high end PC components and FSX.