Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Twin Otter panels difficult to view

Raedwulf

I've had this problem for awhile now, always worked through it

After reinstalling FSX and Twin Otter X from scratch after upgrading to Win7, the problem still exists

I've seen in the forums this problem was seen with the BeaverX in FS9, but can't find anything on it for the Twotter. My BeaverX is fine, the panels are legible

I've attached a screen shot of what I am experiencing in the Twin Otter. Most gauges are readable, course and hdg knobs are blurry, descriptions for switches and some gauges illegible. I've tried zoom, tried a number of graphics settings with no luck. Is there a preferred graphic setting?

As mentioned I am using Win 7 (64bit), but had the same problem with Vista. My graphics card is an ATI HD4870 at 1680 X 1040 X 32 resolution, as I've mentioned I've tried other resolutions

Launch FSX, go to your "settings"

Select "customize"

Under the Graphics tab make sure your "Global Texture Resolution" slider is all the way to "very high"

On the "Aircraft" tab, make sure "High-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" is selected.

Let me know how you make out.

Bump