New AES module

In Sweden and Norway, where I mostly fly (because I live in Scandinavia), there are dozens of small, challenging airports and I love to fly there. However I miss the AES function, which increases the flight simulation experience a lot. There are zillions of other airports all over the globe, where I am sure thousands and thousands of simulation pilots would like to have AES. Understandably most of these airports never will get AES.

I have a suggestion. Make a module for AES, where the customer can create some basic AES-functions by himself. Most of the airports I am referring to don’t have gates, so cooperation from the creator of the airport (professional or amateur) should not be needed (then we could even get limited AES on BluePrints airports). And even if there are a few gates, there are usually parking spaces for airplanes as well. Shouldn’t it be rather easy to make a module which gives some basic AES functionality, like stairs, cargo loaders, fuel trucks etc (not too much as it would then compete with the ordinary AES airports)? I am talking about functions that are only related to the plane and not to the airport layout. Towing tractors are not needed as they are not used on small airports anyhow (I suppose that would be more difficult, as the tractor must have some information about taxiways etc). Maybe the single AES ground crew (marshal etc) wouldn’t be too difficult to implement.

This module should be free of charge, but you buy credits for it (like the ordinary AES module) and then you have to pay one or two credits for each airport, where you want AES functionality (it should not be too cheap as it could then compete with the AES airports produced by Aerosoft). I anticipate that this module (if and when it comes) probably is going to ruin me. I fly to hundreds of airports all over the world, where I would like to have at least some AES functionality.

I hope you understand what I am aiming for. I am sure my suggestions above could be developed further.

Krister Renard

Sweden

• Developer

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes there are many ways to enhance the features around AES and to make it more flexible. I think already about solutions in this directions, but there are many pro and cons which needs to be checked. It's to early to make a final statement, but it's part of the process.