A question about PMDG B1900C

dima_ga

whats the max range of the passenger b1900c? according to the manual it's 527nm (+ 100nm alternate) when it full of fuel and 3800 lbs cargo.

Maximum Fuel with Payload (3,800 lb)

Range ................................................................................

................. 527 nm 975 km

Average Speed ................................................................................

... 257 kt. 476 km/hr

Trip Fuel............................................................................

.........…...... 1,636 lb. 742 kg.

the Max Fuel Capacity ....................................................................………. 4,469 lb. (2,027 kg.)

is there a mistake? in page 8 max fuel is 4469 and in page 9 max fuel is 1636 lbs.

i'm confused :(

Hello dima_ga,

This is the amount of fuel required to make the trip not what it can carry in total.

You can fill the tanks up, fill the cargo up and fill the passengers seats up and the plane will be above its maximum takeoff weight so it ain't going no-where.

Once a plane is full and the cargo loaded and you can get enough fuel in the plane to complete the trip because of MTOW then something has to go and I bet it wont be the pilots or the fuel.

If the plane was empty devoid of cargo and passengers it could then be filled to its MTOW with fuel, bit pointless unless they want to take the aircraft somewhere.

In the specs it says that its maximum fuel load with a full payload is only 1,710 lbs, so what its capable of carrying and what it can carry all depends on the weights of other entities IE: passengers and cargo.

ok thank you i know that.

if the basic operation weight is 10150 lbs, why cant i use all the 4469 lbs of fuel (still under 16600 lbs MTOW). there are still around 1900 lbs of cargo. now, long range cruise uses 540 lb/hr fuel. lets say it about 7 hours of cruise right? 7hX266 mph=1850 miles. that's the max range...

i just cant understand how you did the math... where do i wrong?

i can tell you even where your mistake. it's here:

Maximum Fuel with Payload (3,800 lb)

Range ............................................... 527 nm 975 km

Average Speed................................... 257 kt. 476 km/hr

Trip Fuel............................................ 1,636 lb. 742 kg.

how trip fuel is 1636 if this is max fuel and one page above it's 4469. ok, so the payload wont be 3800 lbs but 1950 lbs.

i hope you get what i mean. i want to learn good the plane thats why i ask, not to annoy.

dima

Hello Dima,

Possibly its just telling you the trip fuel, as it says and not the maximum.

Why carry maximum fuel when its only needs enough to do the trip.

Unless of course the fuel is cheaper where he has taken off from and can afford to burn extra fuel because of the extra weight.

These calculations were no doubt obtained by PMDG so you may want to ask there.