AFCAD Problem Mega LFPG

Hi,

When I taxi off the runway at LFPG and ATC assign a gate they tell me to taxi to I20 which is the cargo ramp. I am using the Wilco e jet and flying from Hannover in to LFPG and using FS9.

Not sure why ATC would send me there?

I have tried to locate another AFCAD file but AES cannot find the gate.

Hi,

When I taxi off the runway at LFPG and ATC assign a gate they tell me to taxi to I20 which is the cargo ramp. I am using the Wilco e jet and flying from Hannover in to LFPG and using FS9.

Not sure why ATC would send me there?

I have tried to locate another AFCAD file but AES cannot find the gate.

Hi

This is not a mistake in the AFCAD-File! This happens due to the missing gate-type assignment of Wilco's eJet.

Open the aircraft.cfg of all Wilco- Embraer aircrafts and add the following line to each (!) livery-entry:

"atc_parking_types=GATE"

Cargo stands are "Ramp" type, passenger-aircraft-stands are "Gate" type.

If your plane has no Gate-type entry, he will ordered simply to the next free gate of any type, also to cargo stands.

How will the ATC know that you fly a passenger-aircraft if there is no hint for it, what you fly...!? ;)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I did what you said I added the line in the aircraft.cfg and also added atc_parking_types=GATE however ATC still asks me to go to gate I20 this is a gate however it says in the "go to airport" screen that this is a "gate -- RAMP CARGO".

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I did what you said I added the line in the aircraft.cfg and also added atc_parking_types=GATE however ATC still asks me to go to gate I20 this is a gate however it says in the "go to airport" screen that this is a "gate -- RAMP CARGO".

Thanks

Hi

I checked this out again and found the reason for your problems. It happens due to a cumulation of a few circumstances. One is the reason I explained above. The other one:

The defined wing-span of the Wilco-Embraer 190 is 22m. There are only two gates at the LFPG-AFCAD with exactly the same radius of 22m.

One of this is the airline-independent cargo-stand I20 (the other one is gate D4). I20 is one of the last gates in the priority list, but due to the circumstances that it has exactly the same radius and no airline-code, atc will order you to use that gate even if it is a cargo defined gate. ATC always look first to the wingspan. If there is a free-one with the suitable radius and corresponding airline-code (if both - aircraft and gate - has none, it is corresponding too), it will order you use it.

Also if it's not really a mistake in the AFCAD-file but I changed now I20 to a 20m radius and pushed it to the last position in the priority-list. This should fix your problem... I hope... ;)

I attached the new AFCAD-file. Delete your actual file (safe it first) and add the attached one to your installation. It is the one for FS9. This is the FS-Version you talk about I guess...!?

Otherwise let me know.

AF2_LFPG_simwings_1_5.zip