Catalina Mk.i "jøssing Ii" Repaint

JensOle

Hi,

I'm working on a repaint of Catalina Mk.I JV933 / 3-C "Jøssing II" of No. 333 (Norwegian) Sqn. based at Woodhaven 1944. This aircraft was painted in the late war scheme of Extra Dark Sea Grey over White.

Scrshot1302.jpg

Scrshot1342-1.jpg

Scrshot1332.jpg

Regards

Jens-Ole

Hello Jens,

Nice repaint,

Looks like you got a green alien stowaway in the port bubble in the 3rd picture :o

Thanks! The repaint has been uploaded to the SoH and flightsim.com

I'm currently working on Jøssing II as it looked in the summer of 1945 just after the end of ww2. It will probably be ready in a few days.

This is a fabulous repaint. Looking forward to getting this later.

Just looked up No.333 (Norwegian) Sqn and got this summary:

"the missions of 333 Squadron included dangerous search-and-destroy submarine missions, patrolling, and secret missions along the Norwegian coastline, behind the German defence lines. They landed and picked up agents, illegal radios, and transmitters. They also dropped Christmas presents to the Norwegian population, and did search and rescue missions."

Busy (and dangerous) times indeed.

Hi,

Super repaint Jens-Ole !

333 skv still uses a "Jøssing". See pic shot at work 2 weeks ago.

Hello,

The nice repaint,

I've find in aircraft.cfg the line sim = PBY5_MIL missing.

Yerterday I had the panel 3D all black perhaps there is the alpha channel missing ?

Thank

Marty

Hello,

The nice repaint,

I've find in aircraft.cfg the line sim = PBY5_MIL missing.

Yerterday I had the panel 3D all black perhaps there is the alpha channel missing ?

Thank

Marty

It looks like I made a small mistake when I were copying the text from the aircraft.cfg file. Move the "sim=" to under the fltsim.XX entry.

Alternativly you can copy the entry from Vingtor and modify it with the following:

title =PBY-5_Military_Jøssing

texture =Jøssing_II

ui_manufacturer ="Consolidated"

ui_type ="Catalina"

ui_variation ="PBY-5 Jøssing II of No. 333 (N) Sqn RAF 1944"

ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"

ui_createdby="Aerosoft"

description ="Consolidated Catalina Mk.I JV933 / 3-C "Jøssing II" of No. 333 (Norwegian) Squadron RAF based at Woodhaven in 1944.\n\nBeside anti-submarine operations, the No. 333 sqn was tasked with clandestine operations along the Norwegian coast, including transport of agents and equipment."

Regards

Jens-Ole

My research for information regarding for the color of the code letters used on Jøssing II during the summer of 1945 has been difficult, but judging from b/w pics it looks like red. So here are a few pics of Jøssing in the scheme used early post war, stil under RAF control.

Scrshot4372.jpg

Scrshot4442.jpg

Scrshot4362.jpg

scrshot4432.jpg

Very nice indeed! Well done that man!

thank you SensOle,

I fixed my aircraft, the problem of 3D black panel I forgot the file Global texture.

As I reviewed against all detail in my folder with my aircraft.cfg nothing to do but the aircraft appears in the library of FSX but when I click it it does not appear there is still blocked.

you have an idea why?

Best regards

Marty

thank you SensOle,

I fixed my aircraft, the problem of 3D black panel I forgot the file Global texture.

As I reviewed against all detail in my folder with my aircraft.cfg nothing to do but the aircraft appears in the library of FSX but when I click it it does not appear there is still blocked.

I've message: Unable to start the flight model PBY-5_Military_Jossing

I tried to change the models in my aircraft.cfg I saw aircraft.cfg the texture "PBY5_MIL_EXTERNAL_xxxxxx_.C could go to model vingtor or JIP30 but so is impossible to view the aircraft

you have an idea why?

Best regards

Marty

In the end of July 1945 two Catalinas (JX573/KK-B and JV933/KK-C) were used to carry a delegation including the Commander of the Armed Forces, Crown Prince Olav, on a tour along the entire Norwegian coastline. On this occation the small Norwegian service flags were replaced by much larger flags.

It indeed seems that the code letters were red, possibly the same color as on Norwegian flag.

JV933_port.gif

Edit: Found the description of the picture

Aircraft is painted Extra Dark Sea Grey over White. Type C roundels on the upper wings, with Type C1 fuselage roundels. The codes are 36" high Red letters. 8" high Red serial numbers. The service flag is approx. 830mm x 1400mm. The name "Jøssing II" is in Night.

Hi,

Yes I know about the drawing of Jøssing II "1945" on the Vingtor page, but I have talked with Nils Mattisrud (the maker of the profile) and he said he had no definetly proof of either red or slate grey on the code letters. Actually he has made two different drawings of Jøssing II with both slate grey and red code's.

What I have found is a difficult to see b/w picture of a late war (early 45) 333 sqn catalina with what looks like red squadron codes.

Regards

Jens-Ole

thank you SensOle,

I've message: Unable to start the flight model PBY-5_Military_Jossing

I tried to change the models in my aircraft.cfg I saw aircraft.cfg the texture "PBY5_MIL_EXTERNAL_xxxxxx_.C could go to model vingtor or JIP30 but so is impossible to view the aircraft

you have an idea why?

Best regards

Marty

My textures should work straight out of the zip, there was a little problem with a entry line in the aircraft.cfg info in the readme, but as long as you change that according to how the other entries look in the pby-5 mil folder so should it work.

This is my Jøssing entry in the aircraft.cfg file:

[fltsim.XXXX]

title=PBY5_Military_Jøssing

sim = PBY5_MIL

model =Vingtor

panel =

sound =

texture =Jøssing_II

panel_alias =

sound_alias =

kb_checklists =cat_check

kb_reference =cat_ref

atc_id =W8424

atc_id_color =

atc_parking_types =RAMP

atc_parking_code =

atc_airline=

atc_flight_number=

atc_type =Consolidated

atc_model =None

ui_manufacturer ="Consolidated"

ui_type ="Catalina"

ui_variation ="PBY-5 Jøssing II of No. 333 (N) Sqn RAF 1944"

ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"

ui_createdby="Aerosoft"

description ="Consolidated Catalina Mk.I JV933 / 3-C "Jøssing II" of No. 333 (Norwegian) Squadron RAF based at Woodhaven in 1944.\n\nBeside anti-submarine operations, the No. 333 sqn was tasked with clandestine operations along the Norwegian coast, including transport of agents and equipment."

visual_damage = 0

Hi,

Super repaint Jens-Ole !

333 skv still uses a "Jøssing". See pic shot at work 2 weeks ago.

Nice pic! Do you know the reason for the black radome?

Nice pic! Do you know the reason for the black radome?

I believe it got it at Sigonella a couple of years back after a severe bird strike. From USN stocks.

Thanks

With the help of many people it looks like the problem has been found to be the norwegian special letter "ø". So the fix is to change the ø to a o in both the texture folder name and the aircraft.cfg file.

Jens-Ole