PMDG 747X key commands & bglmanx.dll error

SmokingCookie

Hi folks,

Well I decided to purchase the Aerosoft/PMDG 747X and it works fine, except for 2 features.

I'll start with the key commands. I've set key commands for several model animations (such as opening the cargo door etc), but only a few seem to work:

• All entry doors on the lower deck
  • The tail jack thingy
  • The passenger boarding stairs
I have assigned most of the model animations a key command, but these are the only one that work.

Second, there's this DLL module, bglmanx.dll. FSX shows the following error box:

fsxerr.th.jpg

I haven't tried loading the DLL.

Could anyone please tell me what I should do?

Guest Hodge001

Hi

The 747 problems I cant help with as I do not have that aircraft on my system, but the bglmanx.dll error is from one or more of FSDreamTeams scenery packages, its not an uncommon error and usually just allowing it to run corrects the problem, if not you could have a look on the FSDT forum for possible courses of action for you to take to correct it.

Hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi SmokingCookie

Just a thought, and you have probably thought of this yourself, but the key combinations that you are trying to assign to the 74X are not already in use by FSX for some other command by any chance.

You could always double check your commands are not already in use by FSX by going to the control settings and trying to program a function using the combination that you want to use for the 74X, and if it accepts the combination you know that this combination is OK, you just press cancel and use that combination for your 74X command, a bit laborious if you have a lot of combinations to add I know, but I have in the past assigned keys that I thought were available, only to find that they were used by FSX, or FS9 for that matter.

I hope it helps.

Jim H

Guest Hodge001

Hi SmokingCookie

It should not effect all commands, but it is generally not a good idea to use an existing FSX command as a command for a different function within an aircraft, by that I mean that although you could use H for the carb heat when programming keys for the aircrafts carb heat, to use H for say the exit opening sequence would not be a good idea, as poor old FSX would get confused as to what you want it to do.

Jim H

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Just a thought, but do you have any other add on programs installed and running that rely on key strokes for operation, things like Radar Contact, ProFlight 2000 or anything similar, as it is possible that any of these programs could be intercepting the key combinations that you have programmed using the PMDG drop down menu in FSX.

Also I have just had a quick look through the PMDG forum, and have found a least one post that included a list of user defined key combinations that have worked, a copy is below..

Hi again,

Just to clarify my confusion (I hope its not catching), I figured it out. My downfall was using ctrl+Shift+a shifted key, such as < and , .... I have this to offer anyone else that may be having the same trouble as I. On the Add-ons dropdown menu and PMDG Keyboard Commands under the Cargo Catagory.

Passenger Stairs Ctrl+Shift+F12

Tail Jack Stand Ctrl+Shift+F11

Loader Nose Ctrl+Shift+F10

Loader Fwd Right Ctrl+Shift+F9

Loader Aft Right Ctrl+Shift+F8

Loader Aft Left Ctrl+Shift+F7

Entry Doors L All Ctrl+Shift+8

Entry Doors Upper Ctrl+Shift+7

Cargo Doors All Ctrl+Shift+F6

Entry Door 1L Ctrl+Shift+5

Entry Door 5L Ctrl+Shift+4

Entry Door UR Ctrl+F12

Cargo Door Nose Ctrl+Shift+P

Cargo Door Left Ctrl+F11

Cargo Door Fwd Ctrl+F10

Cargo Door Aft Ctrl+F9

Cargo Door Bulk Ctrl+F8

These assignments work and do not conflict

Another item that was mentioned, was the now familiar Vista access and security settings, that could stop you programming the PMDG 74X key commands, if you are indeed running on the Vista OS this could be worth looking into, but as my OS is Windows XP, I can not really be of much assistance with those particular problems.

I hope that some of the above helps.

Jim H