Set brakes and stop engines!

Pod

Hello,

After installing AES 199a, I now get the message: 'Set brakes and stop engines!' whenever I am at the gate of an airport. Needless to say, my engines are not running and the parking brake is set.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Pod

• Verified Developer

Did you are using a Pedals? Sometimes I see, that the brakes of the padels will block the Parkingbrake. When I tip on the pedalbrakes and then set the parkingbrakes, they will be set.

The tip of Bruce could be also a reason, when you are not parked correct in the stoppoint area, it is possible that you get this message too.

Thanks for the advice chaps. I don't know why, but the problem started to occur only after updating to AES1.99a. I fly the PMDG MD11 and I have now found that even with the parking brake set (confirmation in EAD that parking brake set and red FS9 'parking brake set' confirmation at bottom of screen, and the engines off, I get this message UNTIL I turn on the auxillary hydraulics of the plane after starting the APU. Then, AES works perfectly. Perhaps AES is now cleverer than I thought and knows that you can't really set the parking brake with no hydraulics!.

Thanks again

Pod