AES & Arlanda v.1.10

Dear Oliver,

I recently noticed a problem with Arlanda using AES 1.99a. Using the original Arlanda installer v1.00 along with the taxi light approach fix, the scenery runs normally, I used AES Help to activate aes services for the Arlanda scenery. Then I updated the senery using the Arlanda Installer v1.10 and went to the scenery in FS9 using an Overland A320 at Gate 13. I found that there is a double jetways (which I also found in my ISD Linate scenery), hence I closed FS9 and deleted the files which caused the double jetways to appear (I also did this to the ISD Linate scenery).

Once that's done, I ran FS9 again using the same plane and started at the same gate (mentioned above), the jetways returned to the jetways that is AES capable and everything was fine. Then I installed Cologne/Bonn and ran AES Help to activate the AES services for the airport, and that's when I found the error. AES Help "claimed" that the Arlanda Scenery is not activated, hence it turned off the AES services for the Arlanda scenery.

I went into the the Scenery Settings in FS9 and found that there are 2 stocks of lines for the Arlanda Scenery:

Stockholm Arlanda

Stockholm Arlanda LC

Arlanda

Arlanda LC

The 2 boxes checked were Arlanda & Arlanda LC, so I unchecked those and checked Stockholm Arlanda & Stockholm Arlanda LC instead. Restart FS9 so the new scenery config could be written first, the log off again and start AES Help to activate Arlanda again, but still unsuccesful. So I uninstalled the Arlanda scenery using the installer v1.00, then reinstalled the scenery again only using Arlanda v1.00 and the taxi lights fix, and ran AES Help again and Arlanda is back to life again with AES services.

From this I presume the bug is between AES 1.99a and Arlanda v1.10.

Hope you'll be able to fix this problem.

Thanks.

PS. The ISD Linate scenery was running fine after I deleted the double jetways bgl file.

• Verified Developer

Please try to set Arlanda to OFF before you install the update, after the update is installed, set ESSA back to FS9 in AESHelp.

Please try to set Arlanda to OFF before you install the update, after the update is installed, set ESSA back to FS9 in AESHelp.

I will certainly try that later today.

Thanks.

PS. I did try once running the Arlanda installer v1.00 then v.1.10 follwed by the taxi light fix, then ran AES Help. This is not the same?

• Verified Developer

When you have set ESSA from OFF to FULL after you have installed all parts, that should be ok, if not, I must check if there is a file changed to a incompatible version.

When you have set ESSA from OFF to FULL after you have installed all parts, that should be ok, if not, I must check if there is a file changed to a incompatible version.

Alright...I will set it to full later today. Any problems I'll let you know.

Thank for the support Oliver...I really appreciate it.

Oliver,

I followed your instructions to turn off ESSA in AES Help, installed v1.10, then turn ESSA to full. Everything works fine with the exception of the gates in T5. In T2 and T4 I get full AES support, but in T5 I get everything with the exception of moving jetways.

When I looked at the scenery folder (Arlanda/Scenery) I can locate the files T2_GATES.AES and T4_GATES.AES but not for T5. The only files with AES extension for T5 are TERM5DET_LEFTESP.AES, TERM5DET_RIGHTESP.AES, TERM5FINGER_LEFTGATES.AES and TERM5FINGER_RIGHTGATES.AES.

Am I missing any file(s) here?

Thanks

PS. I failed on Gate 13, but succeed on Gate 8 and F32

• Verified Developer

Did you see the jetways? If so, no file is missing, maybe your airplane is missplace, try F8 in the AES Gate menu