Possible to use AES when FS is on a non-default drive?

A-Spot

Heya.

I recently got AES, but it just doesn't work with FS, as I have FS installed on the D:\ drive.

Is there any solution, except for re-installing FS and all add-ons to C:\ drive ?

Cheers,

A-Spot

• Verified Developer

Hi,

Hey should AES don't work, when the FS is installed on Drive D:? My FS is also on Drive D: and there is no problem.

Note: Never install the FS9 to the default drive, when you use Vista. Then you have problem, not only with AES.

So, where is your real problem, the Drive can't be the problem.

Well, I dunno then. At least, this is what I get (when FS is running, and I'm in a PMDG Boeing 737-800 in Nuernberg):

Error while connecting Flightsim. Please start FS and place aircraft on active AES Airport.

I have also tried while parked at Paderborn, Boston Logan INTL and Princess Juliana Airport (activated, both as demo and as full version).

Still, I get the same error message, telling me to start FS.

Cheers,

A-Spot

• Verified Developer

Can you open the AES window (Ctrl-Shift-W), when you place the aircraft there on a Taxiway? What did you see in that window?

I get:

Aircraft not correct configured. Please start AESHelp to set Parameter.

AESHelp is running, and cannot find the running FS either. So I'm pretty much stuck for the moment...

Summary: AES window tells me to start AESHelp to configure the aircraft, and AESHelp cannot find FS, not even on a runway in an activated airport.

• Verified Developer

What is your OS, Vista I think? Is it possible that you start the FS in a Admin Compatible Mode and AESHelp is in Normal Mode? Check the headline of AESHelp, what do you see there?

On Vista, all communication between applications is block, as long as both not running in the same mode. AESHelp only starts in Admin mode, when the FS is installed below C:\Program Files.