Oliver, Your Opinion Please.

Waleed

Oliver,

I installed fs to E drive. E:Prog. files, microsoft games, fs2004.

It did, as you mentioned get me out of all the silly security stuff from microsoft.

However, as I was trying to install Ground Environment yesterday, no such luck.

It kept giving me stupid errors.

My question here is:

Should I remove the "Programme Files" out of the equation, and simply install to E:mic. games/fs2004?

Everything else runs just fine as is, but figured that this might help down the road.

Thanks.

• Developer

Sorry,

there you have to ask the support of that product. I don't know why it can't be installed there. Must be a installer problem.

Sorry,

there you have to ask the support of that product. I don't know why it can't be installed there. Must be a installer problem.

Thanks Oliver, I did so, and will attempt to fix the issue once I get back from work tonight.

I think it is a install location issue.

What I meant was should I leave programme files in my setup, or remove it?

E:Programme Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 2004.

I put it in there because I was under the impression that I had to.

Will there be a difference, or is it o.k. as is.

Thanks.

• Developer

Ok,

I don't think that the name is important, as long it is not the windows default c:\Program files. But I never test that.

I allways prefer short names, like E:\FS2004

Ok,

I don't think that the name is important, as long it is not the windows default c:\Program files. But I never test that.

I allways prefer short names, like E:\FS2004

Thanks Oliver,

I will try to do that tonight without having to uninstall anything.

I run both sceneries on F programfiles... fs2004 as well as on my C drive

both work fine simultaniusly

and AES activates credits for both sceneries, so once they are installed and used for one sim All I have to do is authorize AES for the other airport

one thing that I find is that flightsim sometimes defaults to the C drive and will say modify repair remove, so all I have to do is name the fs9 file in the fs2004 folder something else (in my case I usually add an X to the filename) it wil then come up with some silly error and all that I have to do is rename the path C:// ti F:// and it works fine,

although, I never had this problem with any aerosoft product...

I remember doing it with virtuali's addon manager, but the process lasts only seconds

hassle free