Gps In Twotter X

lohms

I am sure that I am missing something here, but I have not found the method for switching from Nav to GPS in the Otter for FSX. I have looked at the panels a number of times and see nothing that suggests that for me. I am mainly talking about the 100 series, but as far as I have gone in the manual for the modern equipment I have not seen it there either. Any help would be appreciated.

I am sure that I am missing something here, but I have not found the method for switching from Nav to GPS in the Otter for FSX. I have looked at the panels a number of times and see nothing that suggests that for me. I am mainly talking about the 100 series, but as far as I have gone in the manual for the modern equipment I have not seen it there either. Any help would be appreciated.

The 100 model is not designed for use with GPS navigation linked to the AP, thus no switch as in the '300 modern' version.

That said, I have set-up a fleet of my 100's incorporating the '300 modern' panel for GPS navigation, and AP link.

• 2 months later...

Please excuse the newbie question.

I like the Twin Otter and Lukla addons very much but I was a bit surprised to find the skydiver version of the Otter has no GPS. I have done hundreds of jumps from Twin Otters in Spain, Florida and Arizona and I am sure that every one of those aircraft was fitted with GPS for spotting. Is there any way a GPS could be included in the skydiver version in a future patch (even if it is in no way linked to the AP) as I would like to realistically practice some 'diver driving' flights?

Hello Folks,

You can assign a key in the "Controls" section to change from Nav to GPS. When changed the Twin Otter should then follow the GPS route.

As for the Para Model.

You could try opening the aircraft.cfg for the Aerosoft Twin Otter 300

Looking for de Havilland Canadian Twin Otter para and change the entry panel=org to panel=gps and see if that might work.

Hello Folks,

You can assign a key in the "Controls" section to change from Nav to GPS. When changed the Twin Otter should then follow the GPS route.

As for the Para Model.

You could try opening the aircraft.cfg for the Aerosoft Twin Otter 300

Looking for de Havilland Canadian Twin Otter para and change the entry panel=org to panel=gps and see if that might work.

Thanks very much Shaun I will try that.

Just wanted to add that your suggested edit worked :-)