Version 1.23 will be delayed (hopefully not more than a few weeks)

I had anticipated releasing Flightplan Visualizer (FV) last weekend and even recorded and uploaded the release video, but it turned out that it wasn't ready for launch. Despite it running smooth on three different development PCs, version 1.23 encountered a critical error on my fourth test computer. The installation process completed without issues, but attempting to launch the updated FV resulted in an immediate fatal error. Originally, I suspected the problem might be due to FV version 1.23 targeting .NET Framework 4.8.1, which was also installed on this fourth PC. To resolve the issue, I attempted to revert both the program and all libraries to the versions used in FV 1.22. Unfortunately, this adjustment didn't resolve the issue, and the program continued to crash.

After trying numerous approaches without success, I finally made progress tonight, as version 1.23 of the software successfully ran on the fourth PC. It appears the problem is related to the map component, indicating a need for adjustments in its usage. Recently, I switched to a new PC and have been transitioning between two different version control systems, SVN and GitHub. The extensive troubleshooting required to get the software running on this fourth PC, compounded by the uncertainty of the root cause, has resulted in the project being fragmented across two different PCs and both version control systems.

Having identified the root cause of the problem, my next step is to ensure the software runs smoothly on the fourth PC, using .NET 4.8.1 along with all the updated libraries. Fortunately, I still have this version, inclusive of all updated libraries, on my new PC. The next task involves making necessary changes to the map component for multiple reasons. Once the software is operational, I will need to consolidate the two version control systems, and/or install/configure the last remaining software I need (such as the install-builder and others) so I can do without my old development PC.

I don't want to rush things, and release something I don't think is there 100%, also I want my new PC to be fully ready for any future releases. But hopefully a new (working) installer will be ready in a few weeks ... sorry for the further delay.

Things were not as bad as I had though, so the installer have just been committed to AVSIM. I'll post a link as soon as I see it goes live.