Love the Bravo, Mac M1 on XP12 (But with short term faults…)

I use XP12 to maintain proficiency, and recently upgraded from XP11 and the Logitech yoke to XP12 and the Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo. I, like many here, experienced the disappointment of things not “just working.” I considered replacing my Mac Mini M1 with a Windows computer to address the issue…

I ran XP12 using Rosetta this evening (Right-Click, Get Info, check the Rosetta box), and when I launched into the sim, everything worked in the Bravo. It was awesome. Adjusting the autopilot was almost like the real thing. It was everything I thought the Honeycomb controls would be. I’m not having to think about adjusting my controls when it’s time to adjust; I just reach for a knob or handle and make the change. It’s a huge boost to proficiency building.

It’s not perfect, and clearly the plug-in needs to be updated to run natively (along with updates for Windows and XP12), but I’m so glad to see the promise of what these controls can do.

The squirreled away knowledge of running XP12 via Rosetta was the missing piece to make this worth the cost and meet my expectations.