Does FV still gets updated from AIG?

GerdD

If I try downloading FP´s from AIG, I am getting an "Unhandled exception error

503 Server unavailable".  Have only FP´s up to 2020, but nothing later.

However AIGtech Manager is uptodate with FP´s.

(Win10, P3DV5)

Did I miss something?

Many thanks.

Gerd

That feature is sadly not available any more, as AIG have moved to a new server-setup that Flightplan Visualizer (FV) cannot access. For the same reason the menu-item for downloading FP have been removed from FV 1.22. However if you have the traffic-files on your disk, they can still be imported into FV. Version 1.22 of FV comes bundled with 1599 FP (containing all AIG up to summer 2022)

Many thanks for Your fast response.

Have downloaded and installed version 1.22, incl. it´s flightplans.

However does not understand how to import new AIG plans

cause the traffic files are in .aigfp format.

Thanks for patience.

You need to import the zip-file into Flightplan Visualizer (don't manually unzip it). As FV is no longer able to directly download FP, I use AIG AIM to download these FP. BEFORE you install a new FP into AIG AIM you can navigate to the "Online" tab-page in the flight-plan section. Here you will both have an "Install" and "Download" button next to each (non-installed) FP. You need to download them individually, by pressing the "Download" button next to each FP you want to download. These will download as ZIP-files, and its these ZIP-files you need to import into Flightplan Visualizer.

If you want to import FP into Flightplan Visualizer, that are already installed into AIG AIM, you will need to first uninstall them in AIG AIM (otherwise you will not see the download-button, which allows you to download the ZIP). Once the FP is downloaded as a ZIP to your hard-drive, you can re-install the FP into AIG AIM again.

The just released version 1.22 of Flightplan Visualizer have all FP that AIG had released up til about a week ago. However having just open AIG AIM on my system I can see that AIG have been very busy since then, as it shows 3 "Not Installed" FP and 46 "Updated".

Please login to display this image.

If- and when you install the updated FP it will be your own responsibility to disable older versions of those FP. E,g, among my "Updated" I can see there is a "2022 Summer" FP for "AirBaltic" where there is currently bundled an "AirBaltic - Su21" with Flightplan Visualizer. So if you only want one of them active in Flightplan Visualizer you would need to remove the "AirBaltic - Su21" (can be done with the "Enable/disable flightplans" menu-item in Flightplan Visualizer.

• Thanks 1

Your explanation was very helpfull.

Adding the AIG dowloads is a bit cumbersome, but

manageable. Thanks again for an excellent product

and an outstanding support.