Test this file Please - Super Chipmunk

Motley

Here is a test rear fuselage for someone to try to pull into whatever they use for Flight simulator.

What I did was make a 70 poly count rear fuseleage .. very rough but enough to test. I had to export out of Maya using the OBJ format. Then I had to import the OBJ model into Rhino3D, rotate the geometry and export as pre-lightwave 6 (LWO format). Then I opened CVA converter to import the LWO file and export out the FSC format.

So if you can find out if anyone can open, use, see, whatever in the package that is used to rig the model, do texturing, etc. then we found a method ... otherwise I think we are dead. What a process .. WoW

PLEASE....let me know your finding.

Also the pre-lightwave 6 export limits polys to 53k .. this will be a challenge. I also need to know, and sorry for not asking before, does the model I make need to be smoothed or does the package that is used for flight simulator do it. Reason: smoothing 1 time doubles the original poly count, 2 times smoothing is 4 times the original poly count.

So if I only smooth once .. I really can only have 26k worth of polygons. Not very much to work with, if you get my drift

PLEASE....let me know your finding.

Here's the converted model:

http://rapidshare.com/files/103157375/fuselage.zip