New things are comming to Flightplan Visualizer

pellelil

First of all, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The last released version is 6 months old, and in those 6 months I've only posted a single post regarding the addition of airline logos. However that is not the only thing I have been working on in that time (those logos are just a small part). In this time I have been working on a completely new and huge feature to be added sometime in the future. However that new feature is far from being completed, and there is still a lot of tasks on the to-do list, and a lot of testing. So until I get to check-off more of those items, I will not go deep into details with this new feature - except the blurred teaser screen-shots below, "showing" a few of the added forms (and code running behind to drive them):

Please login to display this image.

Teaser screenshot (work in progress)

Due to the break-out of Covid-19 and what happened as a result of this, the airline-industri have taken a huge impact. Airlines east and west have been filing for bankruptcy, and many of those airlines that are still alive, are nothing but "a shadow" of what they used to be. As a result of this uncertainty, AIG (Alpha India Group) did not release many new/updated flightplan in 2020 and most of 2021. However they are now back in the saddle, both with an updated version of their AIG AIM software (with support for MSFS), and they have again begun releasing new- and updated flightplans.

Within the last week or so, AIG have changed the web-content (HTML) that I scan in order to locate new/updated flightplans, so the currently released version is no longer able to download flightplans (if you manually download them, you can still import them). In the current development version, it is again able to locate/display the flightplans to download, but I still need to perform a little more testing.

I had planed to postpone a release till "the new feature" would be ready for a release. However as it is still in development, and a lot of flightplans have been updated and there is the mentioned problem downloading flightplans, I am considering a release in the near future (other things have been updated/fixed in the program, and the aircraft/airline databases have been updated as well). However before being able to release an update, I first need to workout how I can disable "the new feature" (but I hope for a release within the next 1-3 weeks, pending on how things pan out).

In the post yesterday I wrote that "AIG have changed the web-content", and that I had made some changes to make it work again. It turns out that the issue is a result of the provider that AIG is using, have made some server-side changes. What I had managed to update ("fix") in my development version of the software, was it being able to download and parse HTML-content (e.g. to see the names of available flightplans and list of defunct airlines). However I had not yet made my software able to actually download flightplan-files, and I still haven't.

I am not the only one affected by this issue. AIG's own software (AI-Manager) is also currently not able to download flightplans either. Hence I am not sure if I will be able to address this issue until AIG gets to a workable solution (whatever that will be). On the same note this also affects the implementation of logo's in the current development version (as it can't download logo's either). So the release of a new version, might have to be postponed until after AIG reach a workable solution - and based on what that will be, I might have some additional work to perform.

• 2 months later...
  • Aerosoft
3 hours ago, The Flying Fabio said:

Hi Pelle, love your creation, thank you so much for it. Thank you also for keeping us updated! I'm looking forward to the next release and the much anticipated secret features!

Best regards,

Glad to hear that you enjoy the Flightplan Visualizer! :)

Thanks for your kind words. AIG (Alpha India Group) have moved all their flightplans and airline logo's to a new server-setup. However due to the popular demand to use their AI traffic in MSFS, these servers are running hot (their bandwidth is somewhat in the high end). As a result they can not at this time grant me access to these data to be downloaded from Flightplan Visualizer.

I am therefor at this time "in a holding pattern" and will have to wait and see if this situation are going to change in the near future. Sorry for the delay 🙂

Archived