Otter Update 1.10 problem

hprass

I have downloaded the 1.10 update three times. Each time, whrn I attempt to open the file, I get a message that it is defective and to try again.

WinZip cannot open the file.

suggestions???

HP

Do you have an anti-virus program that might be interfering with the download? Try shutting off any AV programs you are running, then download the file again and try to install it.

Are you sure you're getting the full file downloaded? The file size (of the zipped file) should be 76,917KB, so check to make sure your file is the correct size since sometimes IE and Firefox cut off downloads for no apparent reason but show the file as done.

Finally, try using another program to unzip the file. I've been using WinRAR (which also opens zipped files) for the last couple of years, and it seems to be a bit more reliable than Winzip.

Thanks for the above responses. I found the problem by checking the size of the download which was only 25MB. I then remebered the the download had been slow, even though I didn't stand by the computer as it was happening.

I disconnected and reconnected my modem and router. I frequently have to do this particularly if there's a brief power failure. Its the first time I've related it to the "slows".

All is now well.

I'm very impressed with the speed and quality of Aerosoft support. It's fantatic!

HP