Honeycomb configurator on a Mac mini M1/X-plane issue

I have a Bravo running on a new Mac mini M1 with x-plane and trying to run the Zibo 738 (but also tried the stock 737). It mostly works except anything to do with the FCU selector knob and INC/DEC button. I've tried 3 profiles from the X-plane.org forum verified as working by other users. I also started with a blank profile and wrote a simple test without INT variable to just try to move the wiper switch with either the selector or the INC/DEC knob. Nothing works. The log.txt shows the plugin loaded and it shows up in the plugin menu. "Show Bindings" does not display any data coming into x-plane. If I go into the x-plane joystick menu, both knobs show up and light up as I move them so the hardware works. I can also get the LED functions of the plugin to work so the plugin is getting data and sending to the Bravo.

Jason

Zibo.json

• Aerosoft

Jason:

have you tried mapping one of those knobs to a "normal" X-Plane function via the X-Plane menu? Just to check, if there might be a hardware problem?

I moved everything over to my Windows laptop (severely underpowered, but it works for a test) and with the default throttle profile the Bravo FCU selector/INC-DEC knob work as designed. Moving it back to my Mac mini, the plugin is sending data refs to the Bravo for the LEDs (they work as designed) and all switches and knobs are seen by xplane in the xplane assignment screen. If I select the plugin "Show Bindings" option, no window is displayed showing data (it did when on the Windows laptop). This might be an issue with new M1 chip? Apple translates the OS live with a process called Rosetta2 to emulate Intel as I understand.

Jason 

• Aerosoft

Thanks Jason for the test and for letting us know:

the mechanic driving the LEDs is different than the one capturing the Bravo output, so there might be an issue on this side of the equation with those M1s. We are investigating.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out? I have a Macbook Pro M1 Max from 2021. I have X-Plane, and I want to buy the Honeycomb. Does it work with the M1 processors or will I have issues with this?

Honeycomb aren't answering me at all, anywhere, so I figured I might ask here. Thanks!

W.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:28 AM, Walid Feghali said:

Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out? I have a Macbook Pro M1 Max from 2021. I have X-Plane, and I want to buy the Honeycomb. Does it work with the M1 processors or will I have issues with this?

Honeycomb aren't answering me at all, anywhere, so I figured I might ask here. Thanks!

W.

Hi Walid.

I also have a MBP M1 Max 2021 and I bought the Alpha and Bravo this week (replacing my CH Eclipse). The hardwares are working fine with XP and I did all the configuration in directly inside XP. Now I want to make some complex customization and I am able to do it in Honeycomb Configurator tool. The only issue that I found so far is that my configurator tool is not importing profiles. I already reported this issue today in another post. I haven't face other issue until now.

• 6 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 10:31 PM, Jorge Uvo said:

Hi Walid.

I also have a MBP M1 Max 2021 and I bought the Alpha and Bravo this week (replacing my CH Eclipse). The hardwares are working fine with XP and I did all the configuration in directly inside XP. Now I want to make some complex customization and I am able to do it in Honeycomb Configurator tool. The only issue that I found so far is that my configurator tool is not importing profiles. I already reported this issue today in another post. I haven't face other issue until now.

Have you started X-Plane using Rosetta? Because I think there is no native Apple Silicon Version of the Honeycomb Configuration Tool... 😕