ASUpdater does not start

Good day,

I have ASUpdater v1.6.0.0. After I start it, full white screen appear and 5-6 seconds later it closes without any error, notification etc. All my products XML files are correct (I also deleted all and try, same).

I attached event viewer and updater log. I only have Prepar 3D v4.5 installed.

What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Emil

Eventviewer.txt ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. No help from link provided. Workaround (to continue using ASUpdater, not very satisfying) to reinstall v1.5 and then renaming ASUpdaterUpdater.exe to .old, to avoid updates of ASUpdater.exe. Error was described in previous posts, null reference to an object, it seems to be a situation not well controlled in program source code or there is something missing (file, entry in regedit... etc.).

AFAIK nothing has changed from v1.5 installation, same products. Can it be related to the issue in A-320 update from 1.4.0.0 to 1.4.1.2, that I posted here and your support told me it is going to be solved in a next (coming) update?

Thanks 😉

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/29/2021 at 1:10 PM, IBE1133 said:

Same problem here. No help from link provided. Workaround (to continue using ASUpdater, not very satisfying) to reinstall v1.5 and then renaming ASUpdaterUpdater.exe to .old, to avoid updates of ASUpdater.exe. Error was described in previous posts, null reference to an object, it seems to be a situation not well controlled in program source code or there is something missing (file, entry in regedit... etc.).

AFAIK nothing has changed from v1.5 installation, same products. Can it be related to the issue in A-320 update from 1.4.0.0 to 1.4.1.2, that I posted here and your support told me it is going to be solved in a next (coming) update?

Thanks 😉

I don’t think has something to do with the airbus update.

In my provided link it was a file to be moved, if that is not the case, you can take the logs and send to Hans (dev of the updater).

Current Version is 1.6.0.1

Archived