Multiple MyPaint Objects in MyTrafficX

bigbufford

I installed update 5.1a and 5.1b to My TrafficX 5.1 DVD version. Now when I load FSX I get a bubble "There are multiple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title names." Then it has a radio button "close" to close the numerous MyPaint numbers for all the aircraft before FSX starts up. I have uninstalled 5.1 - 5.1a - and 5.1b and reinstalled them several times and everytime there are more MyPaints to close before FSX starts. Can someone tell me where to find these multiple MyPaint files to delete them or another way to uninstall and reinstall to avoid this?

Thanks

I know what you mean.

I got the same problem when I installed new liveries of the Wilco Airbus Vol. 1 once.

And I finally after while did found where the problem was situated, but lost it.

I know it's not a big help at the moment, only that the problem sits in a folder somewhere on the harddrive where you would it least expect to be, and most important it is that it can be cured without the need to uninstall anything at all.

Of course, now only finding that folder.

So maybe someone can help who has faced a similar problem and knows, or still knows where that mysterious folder can be found on the harddrive.

I myself have no double files anymore with regard to your inquiry, but maybe you can take a look in the App Data folder/microsoft/fsx/Simobjects and see if the map of the aircrafts in questions are still empty or not.

I don't think that the problem will be found there, but you never know.

In any case is it in one of those FSX folders you normally will only go looking for when being confronted with that type of error, as you can't solve it within the default fsx folder which is well known to everyone.

Personally I did found it months ago thanks to Cargo Pilot of Just Flight and two of the same planes of every Wilco Airbus being listed there to buy, and with the entire listing of the folder, meaning from the uppermost head folder all the way till the one where the problem of the error is found.

And then, everything became solved very quickly.

I honestly wish I could remember, but can only hope someone else will come along with a better memory to this regard.

Thanks Shaun,

Will keep that in mind for when it would happen to me too, even when I haven't witnessed it with the My Traffic X version I have, namely the 5.0a.

Only do I think that it with the Wilco wasn't really there. Yeah, that's the sideeffect of doing something too quickly once you finally found where the culprit sat hidden all that time, and being a bit too overjoyed.

Well anyhow, it probably will solve bigbufford present and most urgent problem hopefully at this moment based on what I read in the thread you have given the link of Shaun, and that's most important.

Thanks!! :D :wink: