All navaids are lost !!??

Patrick LEFEBVRE

Hello!

I'm an user of flyplans and ATC voice services from Pilot2ATC, with Windows X-Plane 11 simulator.

Owner of some payware addons planes from different editors (sold with different cycles of airac datas) it was required to synchronize their navigation datas to avoid conflicts in routing between FMS/Autopilot and Pilot2ATC instructions.
And also routes compatibility between airplanes.

So I use NAVDATAPRO.

But yesterday tonight, after first updating Navdatapro, a data update fails... and X-plane crashes.
An advise told me there is an error because "cycle mismatch between earth_fix.dat (2007) and FAACIFP18 (1912)"

I tried to repair x-plane with is updater, without succes.

Then I red some forum topics about airac and I did manually modifications in x-plane datas.
Bad idea!

Results:

- X-plane is now running, but :
    - live MAP doesn't display navaids, only airports-airfields
    - all navaids seems to be lost !!!

BUT...

- "fmc_data" directory have NavData and SidStar sub-directories with a 1902 cycle_info.txt
    - "Custom Data" have now this sub-directories:
        - "CIFP" with inside many .dat files June updated (airac 2007 I suppose)
        - "GNS430" have a sub-directory "navdata" with a cycle_info.txt, airports.txt, ats.txt, navaids.txt, waypoints.txt updated airac 2007
        - "GNS430" have also sub-directories:
            - "Custom data" with files and one cycle_info.txt dated airac 1902
            - "Custom data" have a sub-directory "CIFP" dated airac 1909
            - "PROC", witch content many .txt files June updated (airac 2007 I suppose)
        - 2 empty sub-directories, "airspaces" and "SidStar"

AND MY ADDON PLANES... 

- Flight Factor A320, "data" directory :
                      - CIFP directory is empty
                     - nav1.db file is updated [cycle info 2007]

- IXEG 737 Classic, "fmc_data" directory :
                     - NavData and SidStar diretories have a 2007 cycle_info.txt, updated

- Flight Factor B757-200, "data" directory :
                    - navdata.zip files have a cycle_info.txt 1702 dated, not updated

It seems also that NavDataPro, updated V. 1.0.7.1, have "lost" is reference for my X-Aviation IXEG 737 Classic

How to recover a clean simulator correctly updated with last airac [2007] for simulator default planes AND my payware addon planes updated with last airac datas ?

I guess I should reinstall NavDataPro ?

Thanks for help...

Patrick

• Administrator

Hello Patrick,

best way I think ist to delete all navdata files from the Custom Data folder.

Then make an update of X-Plane 11 with this installer:
https://www.x-plane.com/kb/out-of-date/

Then run NavDataPro to actualize your Custom Data Folder with the actual NavData.

But first configure your NavDataPro exactly as described here (its good for most aircrafts):

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/126378-navdatapro-x-plane-11/

Thank you very much Heinz.
I followed your advice and all is now perfectly functional.
In addition to having gradually "polluted" custom data in years, one of the problems was I had renamed some aircraft directories - stable version in one hand and beta version in the other hand per example - without pay attention to update paths in NavDataPro!
Thank you, and stay safe!

Archived