Piper Cheyenne Flight Plans

Blogg

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble downloading the FS2004 Flight Plan onto the Piper Cheyenne GPS Trimble 2000 using the Aux key and pressing the Ent key. Followed all recommendations in manual without luck as this previously was not a problem. I tried to reload the Cheyenne software but it did not work and appears to have corrupted a file as it indicated a GPS error. Other FS2004 Aircraft are working fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Blogg :(

Hello Blogg,

Please try removing the Cheyenne usingthe Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel, then reboot and then try re-installing the Cheyenne, also dont forget to install any necessary updates.

Thanks Shaun,

tried out what you suggested but the problem of downloading the FS2004 Flightplans on the Trimble 2000 using the Aux and Ent key still will not work. Up until now this Add-on has been fine and has given no trouble. I am unaware of any upgrades for this Add-on of the Cheyenne and am wondering if anyone has had problems with this feature and what they did to fix it. Other add-ons work fine but it may have corrupted a program file for this one in FS2004.

Blogg :(

Thankyou Shaun,

this problem obviously needs someone in the programming or technical area to come up with a patch or procedure to get this glitch resolved. I have registered on this Technical Forum but will have to wait until it is confirmed so that I can raise the problem in question and hopefully get it resolved.

Reading that initialization problems can occur if the Piper Cheyenne is not loaded after choosing the Airport depature point may have corrupted a file that transfers the FS2004 flight plan to the Cheyenne's Trimble 2000 GPS.

Will keep you informed on this problem as this is a great add-on.

Bye for now.

Blogg :wink:

Hi Shaun,

I said I would get back to you to let you know about the problem I was having with the Piper Cheyenne's GPS Trimble 2000 importing FS flight plans. You refered me to the Cheyenne technical forum ran by Hans where this problem was not uncommon and had occured to other simmers. He designed a file patch that at first did not appear to work for me but for others!

I am pleased to say that after some fine tuning the GPS Trimble appears to be working again.

Many thanks.

Blogg