What happened to these bgl-files ???

camaflight

First of all; a happy New Year to you all !!!!

Now in the beginning of 2008 I'm still on FS9 (having uninstalled FSX soon after release) My FS9 is working better than ever and by keeping on to such good addons like RC4, AES and quite a lot of superb sceneries and more, it's still great amusement and reality tied up to FS9.

However, suddenly some weird happend connected to my sim. I haven't noticed any problem with this at present, but I simply need help in order to find out of this issue.

In a folder (outside the FS hardisk-partition ) into which I download and and afterwards keep the zip's for FSUIPC versions, I suddenly found a scenery folder with following bgl's:

bvcf.bgl - de060n00.bgl - de060n45.bgl - de060n90.bgl - de060s45.bgl - de120n00.bgl - de120n45.bgl - de120n90.bgl - de120s45.bgl - demadm18.bgl - demath10.bgl - demaus10.bgl - demaus17.bgl - demaus27.bgl - demaus37.bgl - demaus47.bgl - demaus57.bgl - demaus67.bgl - demaus77.bgl

I foud that those bgl's belong to or used to belong to the FSSceneryWorldScenery-folder.

I found the file names there, but with a bg_ - extention.

All the above mentioned bgl's in bold letters are, however, still in the world scenery-folder as bgl-file extentions.

Further on I found in the world-scenery folder 56 more files being changed to bg_ -extentions.

They seem to be backups of some kind - I don't know. And, I haven't the slightest idea of where the first mentioned scenery folder came from and what has happened in the sceneryworldscenery folder. Neither do I know what all those bgl's and bg_'s create in the sim.

An explanation to anything connected to this issue will be very welcomed.

I'm just so curious to find out at least a part of this weird thing..(if it is weird at all...)

Carl

These are mesh files. You can see coordinates or locations (aus=Australia) in their names.

They belong to the mesh scenery located in, as you wrote. the WorldScenery folder.

And they should be there.

However I have no idea why you have them backuped.

Best regards,

Rafal

Thanks alot Rafal, I beleive your answer has tracked me to the source of the issue.

I have FS Global 2008 installed (the huge mesh addon). This program has most likely backuped those files. I have no big issues with mesh as the Global 2008 works fine. Hence, those files mentioned is surely meant to be backuped. Why the scenery folder popped up all of a sudden is still a mystery. However, some of those files in that folder are as mentioned still in worldscenery with bgl-extentions. Maybe they should have been backuped as well, meaning I'm driving with both default and FsGlobal2008 mesh-files for those areas. I will look into that. Probably this is no problem though, as FS Global 2008 has a higher resolution than default, giving them higher priority when read by the FS-engine.

Once more, thank you and all the best,

Carl