Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Airport On/Off in AES

Hi Everybody,

Sometimes, I get a problem in AES to put an Airport already known by AES et which has credits assignated.

I used to keep only the two airports I'am flying between activated in the scenery Library of FSX (to avoid OOM). And sometimes, principaly with Aerosoft's Airports, (Mega or other), when preparing a new flight, after activating an Airport in FSX, AES was not able put this Airport on. I get the message: please active first this airport in FSX. But it's already done. I've try everything I know. The solution, for me, was to reinstall the airport. I had this problem whith Mega Airport Amsterdam and yesterday with Anchorage X.

Is this problem already met by a simmer ? And is there a solution more useful than reinstalling.

Thanks a lot for your help or your advice.

Jean-Louis

• Verified Developer

Did you use a tool to change the active airports in FS?

AEShelp will read the scenery.cfg when you start it and. Give you a info, if it find or not find a airport with credits. So after a change of the airports in the scenery.cfg and a start of AEShelp all active airports should be activated for AES too.

But when you do it in the FS menü, you need to stop the FS first, before the scenery.cfg is updated, the start AEShelp, say yes to all warnings and restart the FS.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your answer.

First, I always check/uncheck Add-On scenery in the FSX Library manualy.

I used to proceed like this: I activate 2 airports in the FSX Library, then I shut down FSX. I wait few seconds to be sure FSX has stopped. Then

after starting AES, sometimes, not very often, I get the window: the airport XXX is active in FSX, do you want to active it in AES ? But only for one of the two airports. And it's not possible to active the second airport in AES. Next time, i'll try one by one and I'll tell you what happens.

Have a nice day,

Jean-Louis

Archived