FSX Reinstall - copied backup over install - What airports i had

Hi Oliver,

I'm setting up a new FS computer. The old one had major issues after some years..

I copied the original AES folder to my backup drive. On the new computer I installed AES (2.40b) and did a test run on EDDN (demo aes)

All working perfectly.

Time to copy back the original folder of AES with the credits i had purchased. So far so good.. Installation goes back some versions..

At start I was presented a popup screen with airports I had activated in the old computer. UnfortunatelyI didn't make a copy of this screen and clicked oke.

Is it possible to get this popup again, or see in somewhere in a file, so I can see on what airport i placed my credits? It was a pretty long list.

I did copy the original folders once more to the fsx folder but that didn't help.

Hope you can help me out.

best regards

Marchel Hoek

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm aware of the AESHelp tool and see what airports are activated.

What i mean is that i'm looking for the "old" list of activated airpots on my previous computer.

That screen was presented to me after i copied the backup i made over the freshly installed AES installation.

I can see that i have some credits left if i start the AESHelp tool but not all the credits i purchased (what i think i logical, because there are bound to some airports)

I think AES is keeping somewhere a list of previous activated airports and i'm looking for that list.

Meanwhile i will try to install some airports and see if AES can detect these airport as previously installed airports..

Thanks for your time

best regards,

Marchel Hoek 

Hi Otto,

Just to get back and inform you.

I have installed one of the mega airports i had before on my new computer.

AES recognizes it and is automaticly asking for activation. So I think part of my question is resolved.

The one question is, what airports had i activated in the former AES :-).. Perhaps you can check if the list can be retrieved.

Thnx

Best regards,

Marchel Hoek

Archived