Aes Reinstall

I recently had to reinstall FS9 on my computer. After reinstalling AES, everything went well until I tried to configure my aircraft.

I got an error message telling me that I had to start FS9 first, ok, except it was already running. I keep getting this error message every time I run FS9 and then AES.

I started FS9 at an active AES airport, then started AES Help. FS9 and AES are on my home computer, and I have administrator rights. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition. The program ran great before I had to reinstall FS9. All my scenery, aircraft, and FS9 utilities are running except AES.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I recently had to reinstall FS9 on my computer. After reinstalling AES, everything went well until I tried to configure my aircraft.

I got an error message telling me that I had to start FS9 first, ok, except it was already running. I keep getting this error message every time I run FS9 and then AES.

I started at FS9 at an active AES airport, then started AES Help. FS9 and AES are on my home computer, and I have administrator rights. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition. The program ran great before I had to reinstall FS9. All my scenery, aircraft, and FS9 utilities are running except AES.

Joe

Hi Joe

Do you use windows vista? If so, where have you installed AES? You may experience problems if you install aes in the standard "program files" folder.

I started at FS9 at an active AES airport, then started AES Help. FS9 and AES are on my home computer, and I have administrator rights. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition. The program ran great before I had to reinstall FS9. All my scenery, aircraft, and FS9 utilities are running except AES.

Joe

No I am not using Windows Vista. My AES program is in a my Aerosoft folder in FS9, it was automatically put there running the installation program. AES Help was put on my desk top during installation.

Joe