Unable to select file for import. Honeycomb Configuration 2.1.0 Mac

On 5/5/2021 at 10:36 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi,

so...a workaround for the issue for now might be to import the profiles on a Windows PC, if at hand, and then manually copy them over from "honeycomb_profiles" to Mac. This should be fixed in the next version.

Still an issue, still broken.  When is the next version coming out?  We also need a native plugin for Apple silicon.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:58 PM, BenBaron said:

Hi guys,

just to let you know that we can reproduce an issue with the profile import on Macs. We are investigating.

Nearly 2 years has gone by, still investigating?

On 2/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, DrunkWombat said:

Update: I opened up the C172 NG JSON file and manually created a new profile which matched.  Took a while but I got there.  However, if you're running X-Plane 12 on a Mac then you can't use the profile with X-Plane running natively, you have to make X-Plane run under Rosetta so the Honeycomb plugin will load.  Trouble is you'll then get a performance hit - for me this is about 10 FPS.  Far from ideal and no word as I can see from Honeycomb as to when there will be an Apple silicon Honeycomb plugin.

Actually, it's more like half the frame rate, especially at larger airports. REALLY REALLY need this to work NATIVELY on Apple Silicon.

• 1 month later...

Pls see my answer here to a different problem caused by the same root cause - extended attributers in the macOS filesystem. This problem is appearing on my Ventura Macbook frequently and also with other programs.

I think the root cause is the same. Macos rights, and the extended attributes. 

Ventura 13.2.1 on MacBook Pro mid 2019 - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 9:51 PM, DocRichie9 said:

Actually, it's more like half the frame rate, especially at larger airports. REALLY REALLY need this to work NATIVELY on Apple Silicon.

I second, third, and fourth the sentiment.  I love the Bravo (and the Alpha), but I am not willing to give up the fps or lower my graphic settings by running Rosetta on my Mac Studio.  Yes, I can still run the hardware natively, but have lost all indicator lights by so doing.  Certainly makes using auto pilot more challenging. 

• 3 weeks later...

Arrrgh!  I've spent hours these past few days with the configurator trying to figure out what I've been doing wrong.  Now having found this thread, I see it's not me.  I have an Intel iMac with Alpha and Bravo.  I suggest the configurator download links for Mac either be deleted or include a disclaimer that Macs are not supported. 

• 5 months later...

Any news on this? 

I am unable to get the profiles to work with latest xPlane on my Mac (updated). Like before the json files are greyed out. I even made a new profile which was saved in the "honeycomb_profiles" folder within the "AFC_Bridge" folder in my xPlane folder, opened it and replaced everything with the contents of the downloaded "Honeycomb C172 NG DIGITAL profiles.json" file. When I did this, the profile disappeared from the profile view within Honeycomb configurator app. So it seems like the configurator app does not recognise the code in the profile file...

See attached video (39s)

MacBook 16", M2max, HoneyComb Alfa/Bravo, xPlane 12 latest update. 

Please login to view this video.