Request for fix to SimObjects path use by AESconfig.exe

I've run into a problem when trying to set aircraft parameters. I get a file not found error 52, and using Procmon found the reason.

In order to share all my SimObjects between FSX and FSX-SE (quite reasonable considering they are almost identical), my FSX.CFG and FSX_SE.CFG files contain full paths to the assorted SimObjects folders, NOT paths withing the current sim path. This means both sims use exactly the same files. I''ve done the same with the Scenery.CFG files -- every path, including all the defaults, are full ones. There might as well not be Scenery and Texture folders in my FSX-SE because they are simply not used.

This all works fine, but AESconfig, used to set door positions, et cetera, assumes that the paths in SimObjects\Airplanes is local to FSX. It should be checking first.

As it is it converts my:

E:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes ... into

E:\FSX\E:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes ...

which of course fails!

I can work around this now, of course, by temporarily changing back, but please consider changing this for the next AES release (which I also hope will work with FSX-SE).

Regards

Pete

Archived