PBY Catalina help?

Merlin59

• 2 weeks later...

This issue was fixed for some time ago for P3D V3.

I was the original gauge developer on the Catalina and has fixed the ADF / DME / Registration placard issue in P3D V4 on my own install.

Once back from holiday ( in appr. 1 week+) I will upload the fixed gauges here for You, which are caused by incompatible (with P3D V3/4) xml code.

Regarding the issues with the "Midway" Cat's, those versions where added for a project containing a Campaign of missions that was closed down due to bad quality of those missions and thus these Cat's where never intended to be part of the final Catlina package - so simply disregard those.

Best regards

Finn Jacobsen

I just bought the PBY today 7/8/17 from the aerosoft site and while it says v1.22, I do NOT have a P3Dv4 installer.  I installed using the v3.4 installer and directing it to my P3Dv4 specific folder and the airplane seems fine and you can turn the knobs of the ADF (#1 and #2) but I receive nothing and I am on top of the station.  So why no installer (others seem to have it) and what is up with the radios?

Henry

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you didn't download from the German site, the one you used may not yet have the newest image. Please try the German site one and see if that solves the issue. I don't have the aircraft myself, or I'd check it for you.

The German site was the trick, uninstalled and reinstalled using the v4 installer....I didn't see any difference in the installation. Thank you very much!    Now the issues are the ADF simply doesn't turn on (major) and neither does the transponder (minor) And there seems to be a brightness issue but I need to read more before I squawk to loudly as this might be operator error.  I see that the ADF issue is a carry over from previous versions.  I am surprised that Aerosoft feels comfortable selling a defective product.  The plane flyies fine...and VOR Navigation works fine...I don't use the GPS.

Henry

So...Back from holidays....

As promised are here fixed files for P3D V3 and V4 (Works also for FSX, but it makes no difference).

As told the ADF, DME and Placard gauges in the original updated V3 and V4 instaler are not compatible with, so replace them by unpacking the attached files into Your Prepar 3D V3 and/or V4 main folder and answer "Yes" when prompted to overwrite.

Simobjects.zip

Best regards

Finn Jacobsen

Archived