Doors are messed up

thilandmt

Hi, im running Prepar3d v3 and ive encountered an issue with the Airbus A320/A321. I run GSX and i need to open the cargo doors etc in order for proper functionality. Anyways, the issue is i can only open Front left door, front right and AFT right doors. The following doors do not open at all: Both cargo doors and LEFT aft door. Whenever i click on any of these 3 doors it causes the front left door to open and close which is weird, is there a mix up with door bindings in the MCDU or somethings?
And this is a clean P3D installation of v3 so i didnt change any key bindings.

heres an image of the doors than can be opened, clicking anything else causes the left door to open or close.
On another note, im running an unregistered FSUIPC and i do have SimConnect installed (it was installed when i updated ASN p3d v3)

Please login to display this image.

EDIT: I did search through the forums and someone else had a similar issue, but there was no solution provided: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/97564-door-button-functions-mixed-up/

• Deputy Sheriffs

First of all the Airbus is currently not meant to be compatibel with P3Dv3. In the topic you are referring is indeed a solution provided, but as the TO never came back giving some feedback, the topic was closed.

And btw. I also could not recreate this issue in P3Dv2.

Okay so after abit of testing and clicking on the doors page there was a CTD. Here is an event log of the crash

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 6B444A60

Seems like in the event log a .NET runtime error caused the CTD. Could this be related to the doors issue or was it purely a coincidence?

Confirming to the OP that I have the same issue with the doors in a v3 install, as well as checklists not operating, and RAAS not working. This is the risk that anyone took when they redirected the installers knowing that the Airbus wasn't supported currently.

Considering that v3 came out 4 days ago, it's a bit unrealistic to expect anything yet. Aerosoft needs to do their testing, update the installer, and then we can get the full functionality. The fact that the plane works (and you can complete flights with it) is good enough as it currently stands.

Aerosoft support and attitude was always awful, but Tom A320 has just crossed the line. Dude, we KNOW there is no P3Dv3 compatible installer out yet, WE KNOW IT. God damn... we help you by reporting bugs we encounter in V3 so you can fix them, your attitude is disgusting. We are paying customers so either help or dont bother to respond. A simple "Thank you for reporting the bug. I will pass it on to devs team" would have made it more then enough, but your EGO... jeez....

Now back to topic. I confirm that this issue exists in P3Dv3. Please include a fix in V3 compatible installer. Thank you.

I have the same issue as well, but I think this might be an issue more related to the aircraft. I also have the Black Box Simulation Airbus series as well and the same issue on their addon, except they've made their installer to include a DLL for P3D V3. I haven't seen a solution as to why this is happening or how to fix it. The previous times someone ran into this (I saw some other tickets as well) they had to reinstall the addon and it work. I've re-installed a couple of times, but couldn't fix it. While it is understandable that P3D V3 is not "officially" compatible with Aerosoft addons, most credible sim sites do also claim that they already work with V3, so I'm wondering why they haven't ran into the issue, but you and I have. And I don't know if a simple installer compatibility will fix it, or if something in the core config needs a reshuffle since it's not just Aerosoft that's experiencing this. While on the other hand PMDG's aircrafts work perfectly fine though.

• Deputy Sheriffs

A simple "Thank you for reporting the bug. I will pass it on to devs team" would have made it more then enough, but your EGO... jeez....

Dear Last2Night, 

there is a difference between reporting problems and asking what could be the problem. When AS says a product is not supported, it not only means that there might be technical problems, but also no SUPPORT. 

P3D has just been released, AS said that they are working on compatibility tests, and stated, that it will take time. 

Reports are always welcome.  But thilandmt not only reported a problem, he also asked what the cause of his problem might be. While still doing compatibility tests this could be anything. With my answer I just wanted to point out the fact that there is no support for a not supported environment. Not more, not less. 

If you feel offended by that, I am sorry.

Rest assured that reports are always read here in the forums. Maybe not every report gets a reply directly from a developer, but it gets noticed.

This has been stated already a few times in the forums.

I would kindly like to as everyone to wait for AS to finalise their tests and do from that what's necessary. And please respect that until this has been done no support can be given here. You can be sure as well that AS will share all information they gather as quickly as possible. As they always do. 

@ Last ...

Don't know where you get the idea that Aerosoft support and attitude is awful . Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to buy P3D V3 or attempt to install the Bus there . Why not explore P3D as it is " out of the box " before adding more software . Aerosoft has been updating / improving the AirbusX since it's release in 2010 and continue to do so to this day . The AirbusX Extended and now the latest version are compatible with FSX / FSX SE and P3D V1 & 2 and as has already been stated are working on a new installer to include V3 . I am sure that they are already " aware " of any " problems " and could possibly be the reason that there are no updated installers ( yet ) available . Why not wait like others are prepared to do and have a working aircraft in the sim . same applies to sceneries too .

@ Asadik ,

Your comment that PMDG aircraft work perfectly fine in P3D V3 is not correct . Pay a visit to AVSIM and read about the CTD's that PMDG 777 users are experiencing for a start .

• Deputy Sheriffs

While it is understandable that P3D V3 is not "officially" compatible with Aerosoft addons, most credible sim sites do also claim that they already work with V3.

Aerosoft does so as well...

so I'm wondering why they haven't ran into the issue, but you and I have.

Maybe because the tests are still ongoing? And who tells you that this problem haven't shown up already internally. Please don't forget that it's weekend and not everybody is reading and writing in his/her spare time in the forums.

Please give AS the time to do the tests fully and also to take the necessary actions from the results. As you all know how open Mathijs is in his communication you can be sure that no important information will be kept away from you. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

I should add that the door error is not related to Aerosoft. It's the sim itself. If you try to use any other aircraft (default, BBS, PMDG, Aerosoft) whatever and try to use SHIFT + E and the 1,2,3, and 4 keys to open doors, all of these buttons will only open the front left door. PMDG can open all the doors via the FMC though since their addon works a bit differently than the others. But, I'm not sure if this requires a re-installs with the sim or not, but more information regarding that can be found here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113710&p=116725#p116725

@John Glanville

I'm not aware of any issues with PMDG on a personal sense. I've flown the 777 over a longhaul and just landed it a couple minutes ago actually and had no troubles with it whatsoever. Doesn't mean there can't be issues. I for example am able to fly the Black Box Airbus addons, yet the creators of the aircraft itself can't seem to get it to work.

@ Tom

Apologies if I sounded rude, I'm aware tests are going on. I'm just stating that some have the error and others didn't so it was strange to me. But I'm now convinced it's a P3D problem rather than your addon, so I'm guessing everyone that I've heard claiming the Airbus to work perfectly fine did not run into the same issue I have.

Aerosoft support and attitude was always awful, but Tom A320 has just crossed the line. Dude, we KNOW there is no P3Dv3 compatible installer out yet, WE KNOW IT. God damn... we help you by reporting bugs we encounter in V3 so you can fix them, your attitude is disgusting. We are paying customers so either help or dont bother to respond. A simple "Thank you for reporting the bug. I will pass it on to devs team" would have made it more then enough, but your EGO... jeez....

Now back to topic. I confirm that this issue exists in P3Dv3. Please include a fix in V3 compatible installer. Thank you.

The only piss-poor attitude I see around here is yours. This infantile, demanding posture, one that's fraught with some of the worst personas around, is why a vast amount of the gaming community consider the FS genre the dregs of the game development world and community by and large. The V3 update was only pushed out three days ago. Just wait, it's no the end of the world.

The only piss-poor attitude I see around here is yours. This infantile, demanding posture, one that's fraught with some of the worst personas around, is why a vast amount of the gaming community consider the FS genre the dregs of the game development world and community by and large. The V3 update was only pushed out three days ago. Just wait, it's no the end of the world.

Attitude around here? Im not a part of this community, so keep your troll rated posts out. I came in to report the doors bug. Not part of this community and hope god will keep me away from it. Im here as a customer, so i demand fare attitude. You dont like it? Keep out.

Attitude around here? Im not a part of this community, so keep your troll rated posts out. I came in to report the doors bug. Not part of this community and hope god will keep me away from it. Im here as a customer, so i demand fare attitude. You dont like it? Keep out.

At this point you are being rude. I'm sorry, but I can understand your frustration, but at the same time you need to consider things.

First, I went on a long haul of research and shared information on the issue. I'm currently in the process of fully re installing P3D V3 to try and see if that fixes the issue.

Second, Aerosoft themselves are trying to make it compatible. 

And lastly, everyone here is trying to help. To be able to do this, we need to fully understand the situation. This issue has existed for a while, but none of the other forums don't list a solution. I'll let you know if I do find a fix, and I hope someone else can if they have fixed it for my sake as well. But being aggressive will not get you anywhere. All it'll do is get this thread closed and make it that much harder for the rest of us experiencing the same issue to try and solve it.

If the re-installation of P3D doesn't fix it, then wait for aerosoft to update their product. If that doesn't fix it, then it's for sure going to require P3D to be updated. I'm pretty sure the installation of P3D didn't work correctly, since P3D default planes also have the same issue.

At this point you are being rude. I'm sorry, but I can understand your frustration, but at the same time you need to consider things.
First, I went on a long haul of research and shared information on the issue. I'm currently in the process of fully re installing P3D V3 to try and see if that fixes the issue.

Second, Aerosoft themselves are trying to make it compatible. 

And lastly, everyone here is trying to help. To be able to do this, we need to fully understand the situation. This issue has existed for a while, but none of the other forums don't list a solution. I'll let you know if I do find a fix, and I hope someone else can if they have fixed it for my sake as well. But being aggressive will not get you anywhere. All it'll do is get this thread closed and make it that much harder for the rest of us experiencing the same issue to try and solve it.

If the re-installation of P3D doesn't fix it, then wait for aerosoft to update their product. If that doesn't fix it, then it's for sure going to require P3D to be updated. I'm pretty sure the installation of P3D didn't work correctly, since P3D default planes also have the same issue.

Im not being rude, there is absolutely no harassment in my posts. Its the Aerosoft's community attacks me just because i pointed out an unacceptable attitude from the staff members. Correct me if im wrong, but there has been absolutely no demand on an immediate fix in this topic. We all came here to report what we experienced to ease  our "beloved" Aerosoft members work, so we could enjoy the aircrafts once they release V3 compatible installers. The topic creator even found some error reports, that leads to some sim malfunction or whatever and reported it here. And what response did we get from our beloved Tom A320? Let me quote:

Maybe because the tests are still ongoing? And who tells you that this problem haven't shown up already internally.

Nice service, Tom! Next time rephrase it to something like that - "The tests are still ongoing. We have encountered that problem and are working hard to find a solution. Thank you for your patience." Less sarcasm and more positive attitude.

Update: Re-installing P3D fixes the issue on the default aircrafts.

I'm going to now go through and re install addons. I will go ahead and install the Airbus again, for the sake of solving this thread in particular. 

Un-install FSUIPC by removing the "Modules" folder in your directory and your doors will work. Pete is on vacation until the 4th (which is today), so I expect he will get an updated form of FSUIPC rolling out in a week or so. Until then if you expect to fly the Aerosoft Airbus series you will need to uninstall your FSUIPC module and then if you are using any other airplane that requires FSUIPC like the blackbox airbuses then re-install FSUIPC and fly them, but don't expect to use GSX or AES in their airplane until Pete has finished updating FSUIPC. While not the ideal case, this is the best that can be done at the moment. The sim did come out 4 days ago, so not much is expected to be out, and at the pace the developers have updated is also deserving of a kudos....

Now then I must go and figure out why my PMDG can't find Prepar3D.exe to install ._. So yeah..... John Glanville..... I take back my PMDG working perfectly comment after re-installing :P

Please login to display this image.

Yes. I can confirm too, its an issue with FSUIPC, uninstalled all the related files from /Modules/ bam, it works. Great fix guys and finally i can put my GSX to some good use on Prepar3d v3.

On a further note i recall Pete being on vacation till 4th December :o 

Yes. I can confirm too, its an issue with FSUIPC, uninstalled all the related files from /Modules/ bam, it works. Great fix guys and finally i can put my GSX to some good use on Prepar3d v3.

On a further note i recall Pete being on vacation till 4th December :o 

Glad I could help :) Got the PMDG working too so all dandy! Now once FSUIPC is done with updating I'll be able to use all my addons! :D 

And who tells you that this problem haven't shown up already internally.

We are still testing but I am sure the doors work as expected.

Not enough that he has that attitude, he also throws in a misleading information, good job Tom A320.

I had this problem with both FSUIPC installed and not. But i'll wait for the updated version of it for further testing.

Regarding PMDG, they've released a V3 compatible installers. Havnt had any problems with it yet.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not enough that he has that attitude, he also throws in a misleading information, good job Tom A320.

With not a single word I have confirmed that this problem has been reproduced. The sentence you quoted previously out of its context was an answer to something else. 

You took it immediately out of its context and drew wrong conclusions out of it. 

I would like to ask you to read things a little bit more closely as I am sure you are the only one who came after reading to that conclusion. 

You claim to be a customer who is just asking for being treated properly. It helps a lot if not being offending and not turning words into anything you like. Otherwise your comments can not be taken very seriously as it looks that you only come here for ranting. 

If you do not turn your attitude I am sure your above post was the last one being approved by any of the moderators here to become visible for everyone. 

Archived