P3d V3 compatibility

• Aerosoft

Just to make an official statement, at this moment NONE of our installers know about P3d V3 and we guarantee no compatibility until we have tested a lot (that is now being done). For aircraft things do not look bad however.

Of course all new installers will be made with compatibility with

FSX:SP2
FSX:GOLD
FSX:ACCELERATION
FSX:STEAM
P3d v2
P3d v3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that will happen, we got over 300 products.

I don't think anyone expects you to check all the scenery but what about the releases in say the previous 6-12 months or the scenery that is already P3D2.5 compatible would hate to not be a able to use Heathrow.

Mathijs,

I imagine the migration tool will work correctly for those legacy products? Will all V2 sceneries be updated at least?

As we dont sell the migration tool we can say it ll work.
Currently we testing what scenerys can be updated etc.

I can tell you your airbus versions (all from 318 to 321) are working flawlessly with version 3.0.

I purchased the Twin Otter as well but didn't have it installed at the time of migration (actually just a registry edit allows everything to be installed on 3.0 as if it were 2.5) so i don't know about that one.

All sceneries i have from Aerosoft, the ones i tested, also work without any issues. Of course, these are my tests, nothing official from Aerosoft.

You can do that, but as you said it's unsupported. That means completly unsupported, even when installers come out and don't work for you then because of the earlier installation.

• Aerosoft

I spend a while testing now and have so far found no add-on from us that does not work. Now I mostly work aircraft and scenery (not tools etc) so keep that in mind.
It seems to be that backwards compatibility with P3D v2.5 is pretty good as long as you stick to the SDK's.

thats what i did with the airbus, i just pointed the installer to p3d v3 folder, rebooted of course, i made sure all my sim connects were installed, and everything seems fine to me, even the fuel planner and livery manager worked.i don't understand the complaint about aerosoft being in the root folder, pmdg is and works fine.

I spend a while testing now and have so far found no add-on from us that does not work. Now I mostly work aircraft and scenery (not tools etc) so keep that in mind.
It seems to be that backwards compatibility with P3D v2.5 is pretty good as long as you stick to the SDK's.

Mathijs - The new installers are getting worked upon right? I mean for the busses? I will wait and continue flying the steam edition..

Regards,

Suvo

Have installed numerous airports and all work. Also installed A320-21 works.Manually add the airports from in-simulator as it will write to the appropriate file.

FSX:SP2
FSX:GOLD
FSX:ACCELERATION
FSX:STEAM
P3d v2
P3d v3

Missing P3D (v1) in that list. I can imagine some people still use that because it's more compatible with FSX (basically all FSX products work in P3D) yet more stable and beautiful.

It's like everyone is 5 years old on Christmas morning ( I do still remember my own childhood ) . P3D V3 has been released for a couple of days and everyone wants to be the first to have it installed so that they can show it off . The fact that some do not understand what " not supported " means and at the same time posting in a forum named General Discussion ( no support ) is amusing to say the least . Most that frequent these forums I assume are of working age with a job that allows them to go home each day and the weekend off ( excepting shift workers - but they still have free time )  but expect Aerosoft to be working 24 / 7 .

Has everyone uninstalled FSX ? As far as I know all products still work there . Why not have the patience to wait a few days ( it is possible ) and give others the chance to have a couple of days rest . Look at the other projects that Aerosoft are working on , should they stop working on them to concentrate on updating other software ? I am sure that there is enough to explore in P3D V3 " out of the box " before installing anything else .

EDIT : Forgot to add that I do have P3D V3 ( early Christmas / Birthday present ) installed but I can wait for " official " installers .

True, but.....

... why is it such a big deal to test if things work, and use them if they do???

That's what I've done, and so far, I haven't found any addons (I own!) which doesn't work (except ORBX libs)... 
We've bought a new simulator and are of course anxious to test it out! I really can't see the big problem with testing the addons and using the one's that work. 

I've managed to install sceneries and aircraft correctly - even without editing scenery.cfg or any other xml/cfg file afterwards! (I've uninstalled Prepar3D 2.5). So far, everything's working flawlessly... and beautifully!
(I've added a registry-tweak and a work-around for the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\ folder (where scenery.cfg etc is located), and the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin folder (Where dll.xml, exe.xml etc is located) ;)

Very unofficial? yes! Un-supported? Undoubtedly! But right now, I'm testing the new simulator with joy... and couldn't wait for 'official' installers. And if/when Lockheed Martin releases an update - I guess i'll have to re-install everything. One draw-back of this, of course! 

Sorry! Rant off... 

It seems that LM want to keep scenery files and folders out of the core sim folder. That being the case, in an ideal world Aerosoft airport packages should be installed in the Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery folder. Can this be done by simply moving the Aerosoft folder across to the Scenery folder after installation, or will there still be registry entries that would be "messed up" when the core sim is updated?

Archived