On 5.8.2017 at 08:21, Nicolas N sagte:

Ok thanks

I figured out the offset of the tailart between VERTICAL TAIL AND RUDDER. Simply move your tailfinart copy that pixeldifference, delete the overstanding rest and you are done (Shift arrow in PS jumps 10px per input to move fast and correct over larger distances):

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, flynorway said:

Someone finished) the Nordica LOT CRJ 700 or 900 Livery?:rolleyes:

Please point your repaint requests into the proper topic!

Hi Stefan,

Amazing job on the textures. They're so crisp and full of details. They're stunning.

I'd like to make some modifications to UA, AA and Delta. Are the base paints all yours? Would I be able to distribute with full credit?

Thanks,

John

42 minutes ago, Tavers said:

Hi Stefan,

Amazing job on the textures. They're so crisp and full of details. They're stunning.

I'd like to make some modifications to UA, AA and Delta. Are the base paints all yours? Would I be able to distribute with full credit?

Thanks,

John

Hey John....

Totally agree about the paintkits...great details.

I'm doing AA as well...and Stefan noted that he is the author of those.  (I'm not sure about the others though)  I tweaked them a bit and released this:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4507-textureae_n723pszip/

I'm working on this one now....(the long one, hehe)

I just had to do my hometown airline. ;)

Can't wait to see what you'll paint my friend!

I flew your Cargolux Italia 747 the other day from my new Luxembourg scenery...Both it and your marvelous freighter were stunning!  I have some screens I'll post and link to you when I get some time.  It's after midnight here in Dallas, need to get to sleep! LoL 

Hi all,

Sorry to "bump" this topic per say, but I have a quick question. What application can I use to re-paint these aircraft liveries with? I tried using DXTbmp, but had no luck. Any suggestions are much appreciated :).

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed GIMP is easier to use. 

I tried GIMP and it is fairly easy to use.  The hardest part is getting started with any of them.

I've been painting with Paint Shop Pro for over 15 years now, but those 1st paints were very hard until I got used to both the paint app and the paintkit/texture maps.

That is the challenge...each plane has it's own unique attributes on how the texture maps are arranged.

This CRJ is certainly not an easy plane for the new painter to be honest. (but very detailed and good to paint on for an experienced painter).  I would suggest painting AI planes as a start, to learn all the other activities you need to do besides throwing the paint on the texture.   Those planes usually only have one or 2 maps, and stuff does not span over 2 (or more) maps.

There are a ton of tutorials on youtube that can help a ton when 1st starting out.

By the way, DXTbmp is just a texture format converter...you can use it to decode .dds files into a format paint programs understand, although there are better ways once you get a little more experienced with painting in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

I am wondering if it is okay with the original Author of the UAX SkyWest if I may make some adjustments and additional details and release to AVSIM with full credit to the original? I work around this aircraft and want to add as many details as possible.

Thanks!

Hi @Stefan Hoffmann - were you the original author of the Delta -900 paint? I made some modifications to a paint using the textures provided. I was hoping to seek permission to make it available to download with full credits to the original author.

Thanks in advance :)

Is there a way of contacting Holgi as I would very much like his permission to recreate his excellent CRJ900 Iberia Air Nostrum into a CRJ700 variant?

My paltry skills could never do his original justice, but still I'd like to rejig his original as the CRJ700 is a particular favourite of mine.

Thanks,

Fabio

• 3 weeks later...

Could some kind soul help me with how to use the Paint-kit, beginner style? I got a "Let me Google that for you" reply, but most tutorials that gets me are from 2012 or earlier, and I'm missing the connection to how the CRJ is built/distributed.

First of all, the Paint-kits are all PSD files. Gimp can read them, so that should work out. However, the number of layers in there is staggering compared to what is shown is e.g. a Youtube movie called "FSX/FS2004 Repaint Tutorial" by aeroplaneman747. Also, it looks like there are hierarchies of layers?

The blank paintkit is for the 700 only. Is there a 900 one? Or will correct handling of the layers take care of that?

Then, all tutorials refer to a piece of ancient software called DXTBmp, which is no longer maintained. However, Gimp and Paint.Net all support opening DDS files. Will they work? Do they require specific handling when saving? "Export" rather than "Save" or such?

Probably a minor thing is that the tutorials talk about using the DDS file with a name ending in "-t", while the CRJ liveries use "_C" and "_S". As far as I can see the "_C" ones are probably what I need, but DXTBmp's "Send to editor" function gives me something dark rather than the actual colored livery.

Looking for a (admittedly fictional) KLM livery is kind of getting out of hand like this. :unsure:

You (probably) need a tool called DXT2BMP (here) which you can use to open the DDS files. 

Within DXT2BMP you specify your preferred painting utility (GIMP or Paint.net etc), and then you send the DDS from within DXT2BMP into your editor. 

You make your modifications, save, then back in DXT2BMP you "Reload after edit" which will bring in the changes you have made into DXT2BMP, where you save them back as the original DDS. 

This is is a hugely simplified explanation, and doesn't even tackle the painting per se, but it will get you in a position where you can save some work. 

As for the LIT and other DDS types, I too am trying ascertain how to tackle these; for the moment, I'm guessing. 

I haven't been able to find a DXT2BMP, but I suppose DXTBMP will do. I also found a Youtube tutorial which uses the PMDG 777 paintkit, distributed as PSD files.

So, I did the following:

1. Used the CRJ900 US Airways Express Paintkit file. (PSD format) and opened the NOSE file with the Gimp.
  2. Selected the Logo Flag layer and rubbed it out.
  3. Selected the "Blue paint" layer and rubbed out "US"
  4. Put on my own name ("Bert") in front of it.
  5. Export the image as TGA file (this is what the tutorial advises) and open that with DXTBMP.
  6. Use the Image menu's "Flip and alpha" option
  7. Save it as DDS file. (which defaults to DXT1 no alpha)

See below for the result. I seem to have lost sharpness and the color is a bit off. The Gimp itself also has an Export to DDS option, but then it starts asking about Mipmaps and compression.

Archived