Correct restart of checklist: flight plan and ND

aerospace-engineer

I would like to know if it is correct that the flight plan in the MCDU and the navigation display don't change after restarting checklist as you can see in the following video. This video starts with the last 40 seconds before restarting the checklist but no changes can be seen in the flight plan and on the navigation display:

I don't understand why you are writing that the automatic checklist don't know the input of the MCDU or what you want to say with this. ???

I thought that a checklist restart also resets the MCDU. And why I sometimes get a reset of the MCDU after landing?

How it is in reality when you have landed an Airbus?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but please tell me the exact procedure you want to perform. The CL function generally has nothing to do with the MCDU or ND display. If you want to set back the CL this is possible only if you also change the ACFT STATE. To set back the MCDU you have to enter a new DEP/DEST on the INIT A page. But please have in mind that we follow only SOP and not if you are doing something weird. What I saw looking at your video was that you were flying a  GoAround ? Am I right? Then why you want to set back the CL? There is a clear CL procedure for a GA. Please have alook into the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 5.23. I f you want to abort your whole flight, then you have to close FSX and restart it again. Then all systems are set back.......

It's much more simple. I thought it was obvious in this video. I was NOT flying a Go Around. I have just landed in La Palma and was waiting for the CL reset to fly back and I thought that a CL reset also resets the MCDU. But that don't seem to be programmed.

Is that correct? How it is with the real Airbus?

The fact that you can see the blue go around lines is normal I think because when landing or after landing you reach the end of the flight plan which ends with the go around points. But what is NOT normal in my opinion is that the blue line has this strange behavior:

Please login to display this image.

And another strange behavior is occurring when you start defining a new route after CL reset by entering the departure and destination ICAO code. On the upper center of the ND you can see that it changes from NDB01 to NDB APP and I don't understand the purpose of this.

The following video shows it:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why you guys are no t reading the documentation? In Vol6 StepbyStep it clearly states in chapter 5.25 " 5 Minutes after the “Parking CL” has been finished the complete system (incl. MCDU) is automatically reset and you are able to prepare for a “turnaround” e. g. starting again with the “Cockpit Preparation CL”. A  specific information is available in the infobar."  You can shorten this by using "time compression" or just load the ACFT STATE "TURNAROUND".

Manually you can only set the MCDU back by entering a new FROM/TO as mentioned before. On top of the ND the selected landing runway/system is displayed e. g. in your case 01 with NDB. Normally only at a distance of less than 200 NM but you seem to be already near your destination.

Please read the documentation again because I see from your problems that this is not the case......

regards,

Rolf

Why you guys are no t reading the documentation? In Vol6 StepbyStep it clearly states in chapter 5.25 " 5 Minutes after the “Parking CL” has been finished the complete system (incl. MCDU) is automatically reset and you are able to prepare for a “turnaround” e. g. starting again with the “Cockpit Preparation CL”. A  specific information is available in the infobar."  You can shorten this by using "time compression" or just load the ACFT STATE "TURNAROUND".

But exactly this is not happening as you can see in both videos. The videos show what happens after 5 minutes. There are no changes after CL reset and after 5 minutes. The MCDU is not reset. That's why I started this topic because I wanted to now if this is normal.

And if you load the turnaround state the MCDU is also not resetting.

On top of the ND the selected landing runway/system is displayed e. g. in your case 01 with NDB. Normally only at a distance of less than 200 NM but you seem to be already near your destination.

That is clear that the selected landing runway/system is displayed on top of the ND when you approach your destination. For La Palma it is NDB01. It seems that you didn't understand my videos because you write:

" you seem to be already near your destination"

Both videos show the situation after landing and parking in La Palma X and waiting for the CL reset.

And what is also strange in my opinion is the change from NDB01 to NDB APP when entering a new departure and destination ICAO code in the MCDU after CL reset. You can see this in the second video. I don't understand the purpose of this.

Please read the documentation again because I see from your problems that this is not the case......

I've read volume 6 completely.

I want to summarize what I find strange:

- no MCDU reset after 5 minutes or after loading turnaround state

- interruption of go around lines and display of a semicircle

- top center of navigation display changing from NBD01 to NDB APP after entering a new departure and destination ICAO code in the MCDU after CL reset

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

finally I was able to check - sorry for the late answer but I was not online.

1. In RL the MCDU is completely set back (like for the first flight) after landing
  2. This also has been the case in previous versions but we do not know what happened in the meantime but in the current version this is not happening anymore. We found the bug (seems to be related if a saved flight is used) and it will be changed in SP4. I just tested the "new" version and it works perfect in both cases e. g. starting with a new flight from scratch as well as if a saved flight is used. 
  3. "Weird" lines you will even find in the "real" Airbus. Please have a look into the FORUM and you you will see screenshots you do not believe.... But in your case you will not see those weird lines anymore after updating to SP4 because the MCDU is completely reset.

But please od not aks me when SP4 will be released....... In the meantime just enter a new flightplan.....(not just FROM/TO)

Regards,

Rolf

Archived