Repaint requests

2 hours ago, ajpongress said:

Any chance for someone to do this one for United?

Sigh......I did repaint this livery by request on the iFly 747 for a simmer who helped me out, so I do have the textures...

Please login to display this image.

Of course scaling down 747 textures to fit on a CRJ....:blink:

I did a lot of work to get those details on the vertical stab and rudder.

I sighed because of all the United liveries...I liked this one the least, hehe.  

If I can get good enough reference pics I'll get her done for you. ;)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's looking pretty refined now.

Just a few details to clean up and I should be ready to upload her sometime tomorrow.

Here's some detail on the nose.  I even added the little yellow brackets and text on the door frame where they put the tape. :)

Worked on it all night....exhausted now it's past 11 here in Dallas.  Up at 5 tomorrow for work...ugh.

40 minutes ago, Sar71 said:

Hi Steve,

that looks like another top-class repaint from you!

I'm really looking forward to it :)

Greetings
Tim

Thanks Tim!

Just finished tweaking the PSA Logo, it's about as accurate as I can make it.

She may be "boarding soon".

Please Libyan Airlines CRJ 900, this means a lot to me as it is the only actual CRJ 900 I have travelled with (Many times) during my work assignment (sharara field) in the Libyan Sahara.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Libyan-Airlines/Bombardier-CRJ-900ER-CL-600-2D24/2639210?qsp=eJwtjEEKwjAQRa8is3Yjgovu7AV04QXGycdGYxMmAzaU3t0xuHu8/3krSZ4Ni91aAQ1UwSoT7amw8rvSsNIL7ZM1OFOK98bzTvTpj5rVxuY2sOEsgmIIf3/RAP1NqNJjD48fHKDXznQ8uQ%2BxlsS9AeOYaNu%2BMGEweQ%3D%3D

On 06/08/2017 at 5:45 PM, V1VrV2 said:

I've been working on expanding and updating the Delta Connection carriers -

For Endeavor I did N293PQ.

[...]

And N162PQ for Skywest is pretty close, too.

[...]

How is the endeavor air CRJ coming?

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, Not_A_Pro said:

If anyone is still seeing this I would like to see the New Air Canada Livery for the Airbus A319

You realise of course that you are in the CRJ repaint request topic, right? ;) 

On 8/10/2017 at 7:09 PM, steve dra said:

Sigh......I did repaint this livery by request on the iFly 747 for a simmer who helped me out, so I do have the textures...

Of course scaling down 747 textures to fit on a CRJ....:blink:

I did a lot of work to get those details on the vertical stab and rudder.

I sighed because of all the United liveries...I liked this one the least, hehe.  

If I can get good enough reference pics I'll get her done for you. ;)

Well I found a good reference pic of the tail.

The work involved is going to be considerable, however.

As we can see, the logo is not a single color, yet a multitude of stripes that have to be worked, in this case to remove the antenna and shadow from the pic.  I already took care of the white antenna and started on the shadow, but this is just the tip of the iceburg.  I still need to align all those stripes on the top of the elevator, which is a separate piece on the map...complicating things. 

If I see more interest in folks wanting this paint, I'll shift around priorities with other paints in progress and spend more time on it (I always have several paints queued up, helps with the burn-out factor working on a single livery for so long) :blink:

not sure this one fits in here but ... is there any chance to fix the 700 house livery archive?

it keeps saying it's corrupted and the livery installer won't take it ...

many thnx & ciao, francesco.

2 hours ago, steve dra said:

If I see more interest in folks wanting this paint, I'll shift around priorities with other paints in progress and spend more time on it (I always have several paints queued up, helps with the burn-out factor working on a single livery for so long) :blink:

I certainly would love this one as I only fly United liveries. If you start to get burned out on it, you can always have the grey battleship UA livery handy to work on.:lol:

Bill Barrette 

Now here is something you don't see every day at SFO.:lol:

Still so, so much to do, but wanted to see how the tail looked in the sim. ;)  No ETA....working a few things at the moment.

Did a little more work...the stripes are aligned better...just need to work the top of the vert. stab. now.

What makes the paint difficult is that the pieces are not together on the texture map, so you have to do a lot of config'ing to the paint kit to get a good transfer of the textures when they break from part to part.  The Rudder is also detached.  There is a total of 12 parts (all on different places on the map) to paint the whole tail. :blink:

This is not unusual in any way for a paintkit these days, just letting you know that it's not as simple as shaping a texture to fit on the entire tail all on the same place on the map.  And with this paint that has an complex pattern, makes it that much harder to align it perfectly.

On 8/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, ajpongress said:

Any chance for someone to do this one for United?

@ajpongress

AJ,

So you want N755SK, with SkyWest tags and the explus on the port side? 

755SK would actually fit nice into something I'm planning actually. ;)

Archived