Repaint requests

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, Heigo Tomba said:

If needed, I can provide You with original repaint Nordica files. They were sent to Mr. Kok in Nov 2016, but obviously ignored.

That's exactly what the "Downloads" section here is there for. Not every livery needs to be part of the original installer of an add-on. Just take a look into the Airbus download area. There are 1700+ user provided liveries available.

vor 17 Minuten, coleybwoy sagte:

We need this!!! That is the most beautiful livery on ANY CRJ to be honest (OK i admit - being Estonian i'm biased but nonetheless). Also the Nordica CRJ7 needs to be done!

vor 11 Minuten, Karl-T.lepp sagte:

You can't get it done soon enough! :D

I`ll do my best to get it done a quickly as possible! I`ll might do the CRJ700 too. 

@Heigo Tomba you got a PM regarding the files

15 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

That's exactly what the "Downloads" section here is there for. Not every livery needs to be part of the original installer of an add-on. Just take a look into the Airbus download area. There are 1700+ user provided liveries available.

Tom i think you misunderstood Heigo here. Nobody ever said that the livery MUST be part of the original installer. The fact was that the original design files (as in the ones that were used by the actual airline to paint the real aircraft) were provided to AS a long time ago however there wasn't any response from Aerosoft. These could've been easily distributed to the right people (eg: Holgi) that could've used them to create the liveries. It's not very often that sim-repainters can get the chance to work with actual design files provided by the airline itself.

Could've, should've, would've... anyway let us move on and await for Nicolas or somebody to make these beautiful repaints!

I'd love to see Air Canada Express colours on a CRJ700 (fictional I know, but closer to the CRJ200's that they also operate).

My other request is an Elite Airways CRJ700.

Still a ton of things to do, but at least she looks like a Frontier bird now.  Still waiting to see if we can include any of Holgi's textures in our repaints that are part of the paintkits AS released.  Hopefully I'll get the answer before I finish this paint.

Please login to display this image.

On 04/08/2017 at 7:31 AM, steve dra said:

Still a ton of things to do, but at least she looks like a Frontier bird now.  Still waiting to see if we can include any of Holgi's textures in our repaints that are part of the paintkits AS released.  Hopefully I'll get the answer before I finish this paint.

[...]

Why? Aerosoft had the same kind of paintkit for their A320 Series and everyone uploaded textures made out of that paintkit. I even made myself a base file for the CRJ so I can paint better. What should be the problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Parts of the paint kit can of course be used freely. Taking parts of other packages, i.e. liveries released by other authors, are of course their intellectual property and one should reach out to that author to get his permission. If not explicitly stated by an author his released livery can be used freely in a sim, but not necessarily also freely altered or reused. 

4 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Parts of the paint kit can of course be used freely. Taking parts of other packages, i.e. liveries released by other authors, are of course their intellectual property and one should reach out to that author to get his permission. If not explicitly stated by an author his released livery can be used freely in a sim, but not necessarily also freely altered or reused. 

That's what I'm referring to Tom ;).  Nowhere can I find a readme, EULA, etc in the kits listed in the paintkit post.   As I mention there....its "generally" accepted that a paintkit is free to use, but it usually only contains the base textures with no liveries.  However, these paintkits contain liveries that I'm assuming Holgi painted.

For my American Eagle paint, I'd like to use his American Eagle textures as my base, only modifying some that I want to tweak.  The Frontier will use the plain white textures of course, but I always like to see a EULA regarding what can be used without the author's (in this case Holgi) prior permission.  I'd of course include him in the credits as the creator of the paintkit and base textures, but this will be my first paints of this AS aircraft, so I would like to know the rules before I start uploading repaints.

I asked in the paintkit post here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/99756-paintkit-downloads/&do=findComment&comment=830256  Just waiting to hear back from Holgi as noted.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As said above, as long as it comes directly from Aerosoft, from this website, also directly from Mathijs and its named as paint kit everything is fine. Mathijs announced an updated paint kit to be released soon and I would assume these legal matters are included. Please do not forget that that first paint kit was released 2 years ago.

For everything else that doesn't match the above description you should get the permission of the author. Legal matters aside, this simply dictates the respect of his intellectual property.

6 hours ago, steve dra said:

For my American Eagle paint, I'd like to use his American Eagle textures as my base, only modifying some that I want to tweak.

Steve,

Are you repainting the 700 or are you making the 900 as well?

Hello,

Could I request a Eurowings CRJ like D-ACNM, not the Lufthansa one which comes with the aircraft by default. It is the "operated on behalf of Germanwings" one, that would be really nice and hopefully not too difficult to do.

http://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2014/10/27/476989.jpg

Not sure if I can post the image, in which case remove it.

13 hours ago, regis902 said:

I'd love to see Air Canada Express colours on a CRJ700 (fictional I know, but closer to the CRJ200's that they also operate).

Oops, I see this one was already done, how's that for service!

Not sure how I missed that in the download library...:blush:

On 03/08/2017 at 3:01 AM, steve dra said:

This will be the 1st paint I'll upload if I can get permission from Holgi to use his American Eagle textures as a base. (out of his paintkit.)  (Requested by Mathijs in the paintkit post at the top of the forum)

I made several additions and adjustments to his great originals.  Living in Dallas and flying on AA and AE frequently, I have many great closeup pics of their silver mica paint.  I added Gaussian monochromatic noise to the adjusted silver brightness to get the sparkle effect you see.

In addition, I added the PSA logo, the Bombardier logo under the cockpit frame (still need to adjust it a bit) and several other little changes to make it more customized to how American Eagle paints their CRJs.

[...]  

I'm not taking requests at this time, as I only plan to paint the ones I'm going to fly.    I'll monitor this thread though, and if one strikes me as interesting and I'm not flying for a few days I may paint her. (flying much, much more than painting since P3d V4...it completely got me back into the joy of flying).

I may put these textures on the 900 Daniel if I can work through the paintkit...if I do and get approval to share the textures I'll upload them for everyone.

That looks amazing!

1 hour ago, doylie22 said:

Looking forward to it. I have a few of your PMDG paints and you do excellent work.

Thanks.  I'm really enjoying my PMDG Lufthansa 747 paints.  Its one bird I actually fly more than I paint....even though I've already painted a bunch.:D

21 minutes ago, gabrieldonate said:

That looks amazing!

Thanks.  Remember I adjusted Holgi's original textures on this one, and added a few airline-specific logos, so it's also his hard work you're looking at. ;)

On 29.4.2017 at 10:31 AM, BlueFinn said:

So what about a SAS with an EI- reg. and "operated by cityjet" titles?

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED MATERIAL REMOVED!

Please post links instead.

On you with that! 

They are flying mostly within Scandinavia now, and have alot of planes, more than SAS/Op By Cimber has..

So an EI reg would be really nice!

Archived