VAS Usage At Zurich v2

dgraham1284

Hello, 

First post here. I just picked up the new Zurich airport and am having terrible VAS issues. Attached you will see my settings, which are far more than reasonable. This is in the NGX, UTX EU v2.1 clouds are at 512 resolution. Any insight is appreciated. 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What else sceneries are currently active in your scenery manager?

Have you just started the sim and are about to start from Zurich, or is this a return flight?

My P3D 2.5 has more demanding settings than yours and there are no problems with this airport. In fact there are much smaller airports like AS Split that use more memory.

When I start at gate A51 with the default Beech Baron FSUIPC displays 1.6GB free memory. Changing to the AS A320 the free memory reduces to about 0.97GB. Starting RWY 28 going to Rilax and landing at RWY14 taxying to gate E23 I end up with 0.7GB. I believe this is not bad at all for an airport of this quality.

I can totally Agree with that, this scenery has a tremendous VAS leak.

I run the scenery with the low textures and i always have just DEP and ARR Airports active, the only other thing which is always active are environment stuff like FS Global 2010 Mesh FTX Global FTX Vectors and FTX OLC Europe. And i never install Highres Textures and my FSX cfg doesn't have VAS consuming settings like LOD 6.5.

By my test i only had Zurich active, and i used the PMDG 777 which is my most VAS Consuming Aircraft, the 777 is of course up to date. The plan was Takeoff from 34 climb to 5000FT go around the Airport and land via ILS on 34 Again, i used also real Weather via OpusFSI.

The result was very bad. I only made it to the downwind of RWY34 then i had an OOM, and i had already at Takeoff just 500MB VAS Free! Something is there in the bushes.

Don't know if the scenery is such bad optimized or FTX Vectors and Zurich V2 doesn't harmonize ?

What else sceneries are currently active in your scenery manager?

Have you just started the sim and are about to start from Zurich, or is this a return flight?

Please read what I initially wrote. 

Try it in FSX Steam. I've not had one OOM even on max settings. 

No. Not an option. 

My P3D 2.5 has more demanding settings than yours and there are no problems with this airport. In fact there are much smaller airports like AS Split that use more memory.

When I start at gate A51 with the default Beech Baron FSUIPC displays 1.6GB free memory. Changing to the AS A320 the free memory reduces to about 0.97GB. Starting RWY 28 going to Rilax and landing at RWY14 taxying to gate E23 I end up with 0.7GB. I believe this is not bad at all for an airport of this quality.

I dropped it that low because before it couldn't even make it to the cockpit. InstaOOM

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please read what I initially wrote. 

I did, and as you haven't said a word about other sceneries/airports I asked for them.

FSX not only loads your UTX but also parts of *all* active airports in your scenery manager. 

Also it would be still interesting to know if we are looking on a turnaround flight on your screenshots or if this is a freshly started one.

I used to have a lot of oom-trouble until the day I kicked out global vector. Never had trouble after that. Now I can run Global, LC-Europe, LSZH and PMDG 777 with higher graphic-settings than showed in this thread without trouble. I belive vector is the biggest vas-thief.

I did, and as you haven't said a word about other sceneries/airports I asked for them.

FSX not only loads your UTX but also parts of *all* active airports in your scenery manager. 

Also it would be still interesting to know if we are looking on a turnaround flight on your screenshots or if this is a freshly started one.

Apologies. I just loaded in. I had LOWW, LSZH and FTX Global. I am very well versed in Prepar3D/FSX, How it reads the scenery library. I wouldn't be here if I had tried everything in the book. I did find the texture tool. Dropped it to 1024. It was a marginal gain. Still OOM'd shortly after TOD.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Here is a Review about this scenery. When you scroll down to the Performance part, you can read that this guy also has big problems with VAS and FPS.

And have you also tried using the "Resolution" tool to use a lower resolution as it was also mentioned in the review?

From the manual:

Resolution Tool

The resolution tool can change textures to standard resolution or to
textures with high resolution.
If you select high resolution textures please keep in mind that high
resolution textures will have a higher memory consumption than
standard textures. This may cause out-of-memory errors when using
high performance aircraft like the Aerosoft Airbus or the PMDG airliners.

And have you also tried using the "Resolution" tool to use a lower resolution as it was also mentioned in the review?

From the manual:

Yes I did.

"We did some test flights with the A320, 737 and 777 from Vienna. We landed at Zurich with the A320 first and finished off with 92% VAS, the 737 was at point of death region at 99%, and lastly the 777 did not even make it on the ground. Aerosoft did inlcuded two tools, one disables traffic and the other downsizes textures. Doing this most defenitly helps and reduces the VAS usage. If they do not work, remove the .BGL files manually."

I was the one flying the 737.

I am new here yes. I am not new to simming. I have highly technical working knowledge of it and experience. There is a legit issue. 

From the manual:

Hello,

Of course, some posts above i have written all details

And i also have deactivated some Traffic stuff.

I am new here yes. I am not new to simming. I have highly technical working knowledge of it and experience. There is a legit issue. 

The same i can say about me. And yes this scenery has a big issue.

An Example:

I can easily land with the PMDG T7 after a long flight in to FlyTampas Copenhagen, and i always made it to the Gate.

And when you know this scenery, then you also know that it has xmilion times more details and a HUGE modeled surrounding area.

And Zurich V2 covers just the Airport, and sucks more VAS then the above mentioned scenerydefinitely a bug.

Archived