TP FIrestreak not showing

EDDM

Hello all,

I have just bought the F6 on simmarket, and installed the newest version of Tacpack (1.4.2.6), however when I try to load the firestreak Missiles via the Loadeditor, the missiles don't show up. The shortcut ctrl-shift-w doesn't work either.

A also cannot reset the external fuel tanks, once I removed them with the loadeditor.

My system: FSX Acceleration, Win7 64 bit, GTX 780

Did I miss something, or what could be the reason for this?

Thanks for your help.

Hello all,

I have just bought the F6 on simmarket, and installed the newest version of Tacpack (1.4.2.6), however when I try to load the firestreak Missiles via the Loadeditor, the missiles don't show up. The shortcut ctrl-shift-w doesn't work either.

A also cannot reset the external fuel tanks, once I removed them with the loadeditor.

Hi

I created the Loading editor so you can choose the state of the aircraft you want at the start of the flight . A pilot if he has taken off without overwings can't suddenly press a button and have them appear , so to reflect that the load editor will not allow you to replace them (or the missiles).To do that you have the inconvenience of using "reload user aircraft" . You can to assign a button or key(s) for that if you haven't already.

Concerning the missiles, do you mean the the Redtops are there initially but if you select Firestreak the Redtops disappear and are not replaced,... or once you have fired the missiles you can't reload ?  note ctrl-shift-w only works from the VC cockpit.

Dave R

Concerning the missiles, do you mean the the Redtops are there initially but if you select Firestreak the Redtops disappear and are not replaced,... or once you have fired the missiles you can't reload ?  note ctrl-shift-w only works from the VC cockpit.

Dave R

There is not any missile appearing when loading the aircraft, even the redtop doesn't. When I try pressing ctrl-shift-w from the VC nothing happens either. When I press the firestreak button on the loadeditor, some mountings appear, but no missiles.

There is not any missile appearing when loading the aircraft, even the redtop doesn't. When I try pressing ctrl-shift-w from the VC nothing happens either. When I press the firestreak button on the loadeditor, some mountings appear, but no missiles.

The Redtop missiles should load as default , could you post a screen shot please so I can see the state of the pylon on loading .

Hi Dave,

I have attached two screenshots, one showing the aircraft status on initial loading, and the other after having clicked the Firestreak button on the loadeditor.

BTW: The guns and the TP Radar work fine so far, only the Redtop missiles are missing...

Please login to display this image.

It appears as if your missiles are launching immediately the aircraft loads. What do you have as your saved flight ?  its condition might be operating the trigger. 

Each aircraft has a "panel" folder and in that is a panel .cfg file . Open that with notepad   and scroll down unil you find [Vcockpit01]

and under that heading the entry .....gauge05=Lit_F6!trigger,        0, 0, 0, 0   and in the F2A....gauge05=Lit_F2A!trigger,        0, 0, 0, 0

cancel that entry with //,  so it reads //gauge05=Lit_F6!trigger,        0, 0, 0, 0.      ...............and save the file

As you have Tacpack this is a redundant code anyway.

Hello Dave,

I did exactly what you described with the F6 Ferrytank model, without having any result...

For your info: I installed the recent TP version first (update) and then the Lightning, as I experienced that there were no Redtops showing, I installed the TP update afterwards once more, also without any result...

When the aircraft is loading, the Redtop model is showing up a short moment, until the texture loads, then it disappears...

PS: My saved flight is the default cessna, but I also changed it yesterday, in order to make sure it has nothing to do with panel settings...

This is a real puzzler ,  It can't be a textural thing as the launching shoe is still visible and that is from the same sheet.  Is your armament light panel showing the missiles fired?

If so can you  re-name the tacpack.cfg  to Xtacpack or whatever ( the one below the .air file) . so it doesn't know it is there.( or if you have the option don't launch tacpack at startup) that will tell us if it is related to Tacpack

Best to just work with the ferrytank model for the time being so we don't get mixed up !

I can duplicate your fault if I change the missiles weight in the Tacpack cfg, so can you check it to make sure that  [Store_Station.0]  and   [Store_Station.3] read .....store.0=AAM_RedTop,375,0,0,0,114

DR 

Confirmative! The lines read exactly like that in the TP cfg. I also can confirm that the status indicator also reads "gone" for both sides. When I switch off Tacpack on FS Start, the redtops are there, so, a Tacpack issue?

Confirmative! The lines read exactly like that in the TP cfg. I also can confirm that the status indicator also reads "gone" for both sides. When I switch off Tacpack on FS Start, the redtops are there, so, a Tacpack issue?

No , that just indicates the missiles are being fired  through tacpack,  theTP  program only provides the missile in flight. I would be more inclined to look at your joystick trigger. What have you got it mapped to in TP and can you try mapping it to another button .

I would be more inclined to look at your joystick trigger. What have you got it mapped to in TP and can you try mapping it to another button .

-negative. I have changed the trigger button configuration several times, the result is the same - no missiles there. I neither do have any triggers problems  with my other TP aircraft. I'll try to uninstall the lightning and reinstall now...

Unfortunately , I'm not much wiser!. What joystic and Windows are you using ,...... if anyone  else  has an idea on this fault please weigh in.

Another thing we could try is to change the AAM_ RedTop heading in the tacpack cfg under  [MapStoreIDs] and   [Store_Station.0]  and   [Store_Station.3]  to   AIM-9P . 

I don't hold much hope but, it will tell us if it is isolated to the redtop or missiles in general.

Hi,

I changed the entry to the AIM-9P, the status display also says "gone". When in aircraft selection menu, the redtops appear initially, but not when loading the aircraft (except less than a second). When I then open the Aircraft selection menu again, in the selection preview the pylons are empty and the missiles are also gone there...

By the way, I have in general  a problem in FSX concerning external tanks. I cannot fill both of them for any aircraft that has them in the cfg, at least one of them reverts to zero when clicking the ok-button in FS. This also happens when using Dino Cattaneos tacpacked F35, having the external tanks selected through the configurator tool. When I try to fill the F35s external tanks, it reverts to zero and all external TP-load stations dissapear, including tanks. I'm trying another approach to this issue...

The TP cfg works with the aircraft cfg to control visibility through weight.  When you fire the missile its weight drops to 0 so the display model vanishes and the flight model takes over ,  which is why if I alter the missiles weight in TP cfg and reload the aircraft it appears momentarily and then vanishes, exactly as you are experiencing, that's because it doesn't match the weight in the ac cfg. If Dinos aircraft have similar issues  it looks as if that combination  is where the problem lies .... precisely what and how to solve it is a different matter though ! :0(

Hi guys.  Although I don't have TP, I've been following this thread with interest.

One question for EDDM.  What is your default flight, and how is that setup - meaning is the aircraft cold and dark with a full load of fuel, for example?

--WH

Hi guys.  Although I don't have TP, I've been following this thread with interest.

One question for EDDM.  What is your default flight, and how is that setup - meaning is the aircraft cold and dark with a full load of fuel, for example?

--WH

My default flight was the Air creation trike, then I changed it to the default cessna, Panel is fully alligned, engines on, fuel is at 100%

Okay, I'll try to expirement with those entries, could you give me a hint were to begin?

max_number_of_stations = 7

station_load.0            =  208, 12.00, 0.00,  4.4,
station_load.1            =  354, -7.39, 0.00, -1.5,
station_load.2            =  507,  9.90, 0.00, -0.5,
station_load.3            =  375,  6.60, 0.0,  0.0,
station_load.4                  =  0,  0.0, 2.0,  0.0,
station_load.5                  =  0,  0.0, -2.0,  0.0,
station_load.6                  =  375,  6.60, 0.0,  0.0,

station_name.0            = "Pilot"
station_name.1            = "Ventral Tank"
station_name.2            = "Missile Pack"
station_name.3                  = "Missile"
station_name.4            = "Aden Cannon"  // not fitted
station_name.5                  = "Aden Cannon"  // not fitted
station_name.6                  = "Missile"

The only entries that are of concern to TP and the missile visibility are station _load 3 and 6 .... the weight  375 must match  that of the TP cfg missile weight . (but  it can be anything other than 0 )  the other figures arefto position that weight . Station_name is of no consequence.  

Just a wild thought here ( I don't even know if it is possible ) but could your FSX be reading kilos and TP pounds ?

Just a wild thought here ( I don't even know if it is possible ) but could your FSX be reading kilos and TP pounds ?

-not to my knowledge, the settings in the main FSX menu are set to u.s. system. I have a win 7 professional OS 64 bit. The joystic is a Speedlink SL-6535-BK (okay, it's not a appropriate flightsim joystic, in fact it's a gamepad :rolleyes:)

So, should I maybe enter a higher weightvalue than 375 in the load stations?

Just a thought, do you happen to have the Milviz F15? There used to be an issue with their load manager which caused this sort of problem with other aircraft. If this is the case, I believe there is an update on their forum. Alternatively, you could disable their load manager by editing the dll.xml.

-not to my knowledge, the settings in the main FSX menu are set to u.s. system. I have a win 7 professional OS 64 bit. The joystic is a Speedlink SL-6535-BK (okay, it's not a appropriate flightsim joystic, in fact it's a gamepad :rolleyes:)

So, should I maybe enter a higher weightvalue than 375 in the load stations?

The weight at 375 is correct for the redtop and is also called up in the codeing so changing it won't work.  

We are looking for something out of the ordinary here, and your game pad is ...... stick integration can cause wierd happenings, so do you have another stick to try , or simply unplug it , and see how it loads.

Daves input for the Milviz F15 is interesting and just shows how tricky these things can be !

Just a thought, do you happen to have the Milviz F15? There used to be an issue with their load manager which caused this sort of problem with other aircraft. If this is the case, I believe there is an update on their forum. Alternatively, you could disable their load manager by editing the dll.xml.

Fantastic! You made my day! May I buy you a beer or something? Problem solved! Many thanks!!!:cheers_s:

@Wingman5 - thanks to you too for your patient support!

Archived