Not sure if these step climbs are right? i thought SWeven? 

FL STEPS EGPH/380 BERUX/390 OBESA/410

As you can see 380 is even and correct FL then a step climb at BERUX FL390 which is ODD and FL41) which is ODD?

ROUTING:

ROUTE ID: EDITFS1
EGPH/24  GOSA1C GOSAM P600 TRN..DEGOS..EVBAK..TAMEL T213
BERUX..PETEK..OBESA..ORTIS OR3DCG GCTS/08 

RVSM airspace of Spain, Portugal, France and Italy operate a North/South rule rather than East/West, Southbound traffic ODD FL's and Northbound Even.

Additionally you can check the EuroControl RAD Appendix 4 for the FRA requirements of LECM control area applicable to your entry at BERUX

OK, my previous post wasn't clear enough.

LISBOA operates the North/South rule whereas your flightplan for EGPF-LPMA passes through the Santa Maria sector which retains East/West.

The even level for your route would be correct, apologies for the lack of clarity.

So from EGPF its even SWeven and from santa maria is the same east/west! But from gonan i'm kind still heading west shouldn't it be odd?

sorry trying to make sense of the tracks and directions!

Tango 16 airway is designated ODD FL, overriding the RVSM Oceanic airspace which can be found in the Eurocontrol AIP for Portugal.

So PFPX should have and does here assign an odd FL from GONAN:

(FPL-DAERA-IN
-B738/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-EGPF1415
-N0452F240 NORBO L186 TRN N552 MAC/N0456F360 DCT ERNAN DCT GUNSO/M079F360 DCT
 OMOKO T16 GONAN/M079F370 T16 NAVIX DCT NIKAV
-LPMA0336 LPPS
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/150930 REG/DAERA
 EET/EISN0026 EGGX0055 LPPO0145 LPPC0305 RVR/200 OPR/EUROSTAR AVIATION VA
 PER/C
 RMK/EUROSTAR / CPDLC /
-E/0455)

Question - PFPX sometimes restricts me to FL230 for a short while during climb? Then i resume my Cruise alt. What restriction is this? EGGP / LSGG.

Also if i plan a flight from EGCC to EGPH and its under FL290 RVSM east / west still applys?

Archived